WnSoft Forums

Limited Viewing

Ed Vaughn

Ed,

There will always be a way around it by those who really want to steal your photos. Just have to do a print-screen or photograph the monitor.

Best to limit distribution to lesser-quality images and roll with the punches. After all, you can't take them with you into the next world! B)

Ed,

Check this topic about protecting your files.. If Igor will allow store files in the show ( a very old request of mine) this can be solved by adding a checker file. As long as this will be external, user can find it and remove it or just copy the show to HD. There is a way to run a small program that will install this checker file to user HD or write in his registry where he can not find it, but people don't like things happening behind their back.

Granot

Granot:

:P Thank you for the suggestion. I have followed your link and will give PB a try. I would still love to have a limited number of views allowed (as in Mr. Gates with his various MS products) in addition to the time restricted viewing. I realize there is always a way to get around security, but it helps to keep the honest people honest by giving them fewer temptations.

You must just sit around all day and dream up utilities, solutions and suggestions as everytime I have a question, you have an answer.

I'm glad.

Thanks,

Ed

I agree that it would be nice to have a 'Time limited' and also a 'View number of times' option. Other programs provide this facility so why can we not see it in PTE? For example there is a program called 'ProshowGold' from Photodex that has these facilities - this will becaome strong competition for PTE in future.

I run all my pictures trough Image Ready jpging them to the smallest file my quality standard will allow. This is not good at all to print pictures.

I will use the the time limited feature to keep in contact with the customer. When the time runs out they will call to get more time and I will be able to make sales pitches.

I do not care how often they watch the show.

Necesary- No

Desirable-Yes.