WnSoft Forums

Text Problem. (Solved I think?)

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

In my new show "Trouble Town" I thought it may be a good idea to show the text of the title song as the show advances. The "trouble" starts with the title slide which is composed of a video clip with a plain image slide over that & a homemade mask which allows the video to fade through the plain slide.

The text titles scroll up as the image plays, then the titles disappear and the first line of the song appears. It works fine when played in Objects & Animation, but as soon as I play it from the toaster, the second text appears as a large single line across the bottom of the screen. This also happens on all the subsequent simple slides. Whether this is a bug, my technique or no one has tried this yet, I'm unsure.

Yachtsman1.

The screenshots may explain better what is happening.

post-5560-0-48917500-1402737654_thumb.jp post-5560-0-77593300-1402737682_thumb.jp post-5560-0-56793800-1402737702_thumb.jp

I think it would help to backup your slideshow (one or two slides) and post here before anybody can verify if it is a bug or user error.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

I've done a little more work on it this afternoon & managed to get the first text slide to work as it should by "messing around" with the settings shown it the attached screen shot, but as I don't really know what I did I'm still confused. Repeated this with another 4 slides then lost the will to live (chest infection), will try again tomorrow & come back. I don't remember using two separate texts on the same slide before.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-07210600-1402770163_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I've spent the morning correcting the slides one by one. Part way through, it twigged what was happening. I copied the song lyrics from the internet & pasted them into an Open Office Org document, then highlighted & copied the lines to suit the slide & pasted them in via the T icon in O&A. What I believe has happened is there must have been some formatting in the original copy from the net & I was inadvertently transferring the formatting which was playing havoc with PTE's text. I discovered it by hand typing one of the lines as opposed to copying & pasting. I have used copy & paste many times in the past, but never with such weird results.

The picture is the singer of the theme song "Trouble Town", Jake Bugg.

As to the results as a show, not sure, will try a couple of tweaks with the timing now to see if it can be improved.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-29561300-1402831395_thumb.jp