WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) won't let me add sound files

pushu1

I am using version 6.5.8 (old, I know, but it works great) and have been using this version with no problem since its download, whenever that was a few years ago. Now all of a sudden I can't add a sound file. When I try, it hangs up and crashes the program eventually. I am trying to add mp3 files. I tried ones that I created in audicity and single songs that I have downloaded and used many time before.

I haven't changed anything on my computer.. no new software... no new hardware. I can open and play existing shows but cannot modify the sound track.

Not sure where to turn - hoping someone can help me out?

Do a complete uninstall/reinstall first to see if that cures it.

Then upgrade to 7.5 - installs in a different folder to 6.5 so you will have both - you can then come up to date slowly.

When you are ready you can upgrade to v8.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

I am using version 6.5.8 (old, I know, but it works great) and have been using this version with no problem since its download, whenever that was a few years ago. Now all of a sudden I can't add a sound file. When I try, it hangs up and crashes the program eventually. I am trying to add mp3 files. I tried ones that I created in audicity and single songs that I have downloaded and used many time before.

I haven't changed anything on my computer.. no new software... no new hardware. I can open and play existing shows but cannot modify the sound track.

Not sure where to turn - hoping someone can help me out?

Have you done a recent Windows up-date? If you have, try Windows Restore. Has anything else been affected on your PC? Which version of Audacity are you using, there was a problem with it last year?

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

The Audacity version problem is reported here. It affected my machine, eventually they released a patch which was withdrawn after the newer version was released. No problems since for me.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-49016300-1404978900_thumb.jp

The Audacity version problem is reported here. It affected my machine, eventually they released a patch which was withdrawn after the newer version was released. No problems since for me.

Yachtsman1.

I did upgrade to the new version of audacity but that didn't solve my problem, plus I had the issue with mp3 files that were not created in audacity so I don't feel that is the problem. I think I will upgrade and try that but not sure just what I need to upgrade to?

I am running 6.5 deluxe right now - would I be purchasing an upgrade to the new version or just purchasing the new version outright? I don't see where I can upgrade to 7.5 - just to 8.0 which I assume is the latest version

Guest Yachtsman1

I did upgrade to the new version of audacity but that didn't solve my problem, plus I had the issue with mp3 files that were not created in audacity so I don't feel that is the problem. I think I will upgrade and try that but not sure just what I need to upgrade to?

I am running 6.5 deluxe right now - would I be purchasing an upgrade to the new version or just purchasing the new version outright? I don't see where I can upgrade to 7.5 - just to 8.0 which I assume is the latest version

Yes it is a bit complicated if you hold on to an older version. As your de-lux status has expired now, I assume the previous suggestion suggests you buy the current de-lux version of 8.04, which would then allow you to download the earlier 7.5 which is where major changes came in, & to allow you to become familiar with that. It depends how computer savvy you are, if I was you & because the current on-line manual is very good, I would go straight into 8.04 De-lux.

However, that doesn't explain your current problem, if you can, keep both versions in separate folders until you've tried 8. Or alternatively try the trial version.

Yachtsman1.

Did you try the Uninstall / Re-Install?

DG

I did not try the uninstall/ Re-install as you suggested and I'm sure that is a good idea. The reason I hesitate is that it has been so long since I installed an upgrade or new version that I can't find the download on my computer for the version I have now, plus last time I installed I recall there being an issue with the key. I think it's time I just purchase the new version as Yachtsman suggested. I'm hoping that will correct the problem.

Do you think my issue is with the p2e software or do you think it could be an issue with my computer?

Pushu 1,

I would uninstall/ reinstall first. You can find/download older PTE program versions from WnSoft site. PTE does not uninstall key registrations ... so your previous key issue was most likely due to some other reason.

Have you tried to insert other sound file types other than MP3 ? This will help to trouble shoot your sound issue.

Pushu 1,

I would uninstall/ reinstall first. You can find/download older PTE program versions from WnSoft site. PTE does not uninstall key registrations ... so your previous key issue was most likely due to some other reason.

Have you tried to insert other sound file types other than MP3 ? This will help to trouble shoot your sound issue.

I tried to add a .m4a file but had the same result.

I am unable to find where I can download older versions such as the one I have now. I can find the user manuals but not a download

can you direct me with a link?

I was able to download the version I already have and installed it on a different drive. I did not have to load a key into this version. the program appears to work fine from that one so it seems that the version I was using has some how become corrupt? I did download the new version as well and looked at that. I see there are alot of changes there so I guess I will slowly work into that.

It seems for the moment that my problem is solved. Thank you all for your help