WnSoft Forums

Simultaneous Publish command (user-selectable)

I think it would be a nice "user-friendly" improvement to be able to define, perhaps via a Project Option or a Preference, that PTE should create more than one type of output in a single Publish execution. Let me give an example to explain what I mean.

When I ask PTE to Publish for PC, I would like it to run a Publish for Mac as well and also, perhaps, a Publish for HD Video. Similarly, if I ask PTE to Publish for HD Video, I would like it also to run a Publish for PC and a Publish for Mac.

Most of us these days have PCs with multiple processors, so the three tasks could be running alongside one another.

I would accept the save location being the same for all output types since it is a trivial task to move a file or folder to a different location, especially if the location is on the same disk drive.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Sounds like a good idea, only possible snag I can see is the file name, but I would suppose PTE would end the name with the different types?

Yachtsman1.

Perhaps Igor may consider treating the creation of a slide show like exporting an image from Lightroom

When the Publish Show window pops up it has all the create options listed and the user just ticks the ones they want. If you're familiar with the image processor in Photoshop you can select to save a Jpeg, a Photoshop file and a Tiff file while applying an action to convert to sepia for example.

Those publish options could then be saved as a user pre-set.