WnSoft Forums

In need of Creative suggestions

atomiton

Hi,

I've compiled pics of my brother and his fiancee from both parents, from birth to betrothed... or soon to be, and I want to present a slideshow at the reception. I'm arranging to get a digital projector, and a screen... and will show it from my laptop.

I need some suggestions of some inspirational music about growing up etc. I was thinking of perhaps "Forever Young" but I don't know... Some Sinatra perhaps... something like that... ideas?!

I also am going to use some interesting transitions... I like the idea used fading a picture from B&W to colour... or from sepia to colour... or from solarized to normal etc... I saw some good examples in the urban slide show of the netherlands. Can anyone point me to some applicable transitioning and changes examples that I can get some ideas from?

ANY help/guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

atomiton

Welcome to the forum

how about

" I will follow him" by Whoopee Goldberg

Bette Midler doing the "Rose"

PETER, PAUL & MARY - THERE IS LOVE (WEDDING SONG)

this one might be kind of "heavy"

BILLY IDOL - WHITE WEDDING

ELVIS PRESLEY - HAWAÏAN WEDDING SONG

ken

Hmm... :) I haven't heard that whoopi song. I'll sample them and see if they fit. Some good suggestions I hadn't thought of.... tho I thought of white wedding and ruled it out... I have until early April to finish it...

What does everyone here use for graphic editing... and effects?

Anyone have a really good link to some of the more creative shows?

Hi atomiton

Are you a professional wedding photographer or is this just a family thing you are doing for him ?

I create my image effects (sepia, b/w, other effects) in Photoshop and save each separately of course and just fade into eachother.

I am a 11 yr pro wedding photographer in SC and would be happy to offer ideas. Might email me directly.

Paul

paul@paulalfordphotography.com

I think a good song is "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman

I had a nephew who's Fiancé was getting called over Seas. So they Changed their wedding plans

and had a wedding before she left.

We made this slideshow in a graphics program with layers. We had the page all laid out.

And then saved the Jpeg and removed a layer. Then saved it again. We did this until the layers were all

gone. I recorded the audio at the wedding and added it to the slide show too.

Hi paul...

No... i'm just collecting the photographs my parents took over the years... i like photography... but I am by no means a professional.

I've seen some interesting things done with text and things in PTE... which are like a delayed fade... the text comes first... and then the picture fades in and vice versa... the only way I can think this was done was by using the same picture over again... I'll probably be using jasc paint shop pro... as I'm not TOO familiar with the macs at work and photoshop... but I can use that too. I like the way photoshop has corrected some pictures... paint shop pro recommended by anyone here?

Overall... I'm trying to learn all I can about PTE. It looks like it's one of the better ones out there. I tried ACDSee and was sorely disappointed... There was one other one... based all in flash... called Imagematics Stillmotion creator... which was really unique in its ability to zoom in and rotate and has a timeline like Flash... but there was something I didn't like about it... and it ran too choppy on my PIII-800mhz. Being in a standardized Flash format was nice though... and very easily transposed onto a website. I'll give it that.

I'll be renting a projector for the wedding (I'm flying from Vancouver to Scotland) which isn't cheap... like 60 GBP (150$) incl. the screen is the cheapest... although I've never priced rentals here, so I would like it to be worth my while... and really be special... He doesn't know about it.

Anyway... If anyone has any more ideas or something visual to give me some ideas... you can post here or email me @ redplastic at hotmail.com

ccmanz... i just saw the album.exe.

So to do the transitions.... each time a picture appears the whole image is reloaded? So in other words... the small pictures on top of the back ground picture is actually one jpeg... and then when the next one appears the whole thing with an extra picture (although I realize you created it backwards, right?) is another jpeg?

Welcome Atomiton!

As for Paint Shop Pro, it is an excellent software, much more cheaper than Photoshop and extremely powerful. But its learning curve is not so fast... Or maybe it's a personal impression, because I'm usually utilizing Photoshop. And I have to say the learning curve of Photoshop is sure slower...

the small pictures on top of the back ground picture is actually one jpeg... and then when the next one appears the whole thing with an extra picture (although I realize you created it backwards, right?) is another jpeg?

Yes, you are right Atomiton

After creating the page (example Page 10) I saved the page as

Page10-10

then I would delete one layer and saved as

Page10-09

Page10-08

This way when I opened PTE they would be listed in reverse order.

the way I wanted them in my slideshow.

The Jeg that had all the pictures on it I would leave up just

a little longer.

Myself, I think the fades were to quick. But I did not want to add a 2nd song

They were happy with the show.

cc

Welcome atomiton,

I was intrigued by your post in search of wedding songs - here are some suggestions that have worked well for me:

We've Only Just Begun - the Carpenters

Stephen Curtis Chapman songs are usually very good...

or one of my faves is this one (please excuse if I indulge and post the lyrics for you)

from this Dean Martin song (some of the older songs are the best :rolleyes: ).

----------------------------------

Memories Are Made Of This

(sweet, sweet memories you gave-a me

you can't beat the memeories you gave-a me)

Take one fresh and tender kiss

Add one stolen night of bliss

One girl, one boy

Some grief, some joy

Memories are made of this

Don't forget a small moonbeam

Fold in lightly with a dream

Your lips and mine

Two sips of wine

Then add the wedding bells

One house where lovers dwell

Three little kids for flavor

Stir carefully through the days

See how the flavor stays

These are the dreams you will savor

With His blessings from above

Serve it generously with love

One man, one wife

One love through life

J :P G

You should try some of the Barry Beckham tutorials (http://www.bbdigital.co.uk) he has covered most of the things you are likely to need and he is very good.

As for Paintshop Pro and Photoshop - both are good but Photoshop is well worth persevering with. It is, after all, the Industry standard.

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody!

I agree... old songs are often much better. Being a child in the 80s did me NO good whatsoever, now that my musical tastes are more inclined to the likes of Frank Sinatra etc.

:D

I realize that there will be a lot of users using photoshop here... from what I can tell though... PSP is quite comparable!

At least until you get into the more advanced stuff. But as long as basics like feathering and drop shadows and basic enhancement are there, that's good. I won't be doing a lot of cloning and advanced things... Too many pictures on screen for too short a time to do that in too short a time period.

Thanks for those song suggestions. I can see why you like the Dean Martin song!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone who posted and also many others whose posts I have read!

I am nearing completion of my project... after many many many long hours... learning paintshop pro. I dl'd the trial of photoshop CS too... but I had gotten used to PSP... so am sticking with it for now...

In case anyone is wondering, I'm using a few songs... one is Beautiful Boy by John Lennon for my borther's growing up years, and I LOVE the song "Memories are made of this" by Dean Martin..." perfect for the dating/engagement pictures, and I'm just trying to figure out a good song for her growing up years, and his teenage years...

THANKS to Igor and the Photoshop tutorials, I was able to understand the basics of image editing and the almost final results already brought tears to the eyes of a co-worker. I have a new love for paintshop, layers, blending, overlays, lumination, and masking... i never knew image editing was so easy, albeit time-consuming.

Another song I am considering was "As Time Goes by" and maybe "My Girl" or "I won't grow up" for her...

Thanks again for all the suggestions, the results are stunning! although I can't believe I've spend so many tens of hours on what ends up being a 10-15 minute presentation.

Thanks again!

.atomiton.

What about "Thank Heavens for Little Girls" by Maurice Chevalier in the film 'Gigi'?

Ron [uK]

TRUE COMPANION by Marc Cohn besides being a great song the words are very fitting for a Bride and Groom

" So don't you dare and try to walk away

I've got my heart set on our wedding day

I've got this vision of you girl in white

Made my desision and its you alright

And when I take your hand

I'll watch my heart set sail

I'll take my trembling finger

And I'll lift up your veil " etc , etc , :P

PS as Ken Cox :D will warn " Watch out for the copyright POLICE !!! :ph34r:

Have Fun

:P Cheers Ken you truly make my Day does this mean I need another Licence for my car ? and if my tape runs fast forward would this be an excuse for speeding :D where will it all end actually don't answer that

What about "Thank Heavens for Little Girls" by Maurice Chevalier in the film 'Gigi'?

Ron [uK]

excellent suggestion, I got a hold of the song and I'm going to use it... excellent suggestion...

I haven't checked out companion yet, though... I will check that out soon!

The only thing I'm fiddling out with now is how to get a credits in there at the end, that I made in swish... how do you run flash "After" the show? I figured out the before part.

• 1 year later...

I realize a lot of these posts are from a year or two ago. But, I wanted to comment on the music suggestions. As a professional photographer, I cannot add just any music. I either have to pay a fee for using it or have a local band do something. The copyright laws are very strict. On the Prof. Photogs. of America Forum web site this has been a hot topic for several weeks now. So if you are a professional, don't just use any music. Check out the copyright and music rights laws first.

A new member ... D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, ASP

Atomiton:

I am new to this forum and like Paul Alford I am a working professional photographer.

Just as we place a value on the copyright protection of our images the music industry has the same goals. Using any music other than "Royalty Free" music constitutes copyright infringement whether used in a slideshow that you are being paid to produce or not. Do people use copyrighted music anyway? Yes, just like they scan our images and do as they please. It is still copyright infringement and illegal.

There are many sites that offer "Royalty Free' music at a very modest cost. This is a topic that is discussed frequently in professional photographer forums. I am not condemning anyone but I felt obligated to point out what might not be obvious to many.

Sounds like your off to a great start on the show you are producing.

Respectfully,

Ray Pertierra

from the forum

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=299

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...=medwyn+goodall

and Barry is away at present Jan 4 06

but

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/royaltyfreemusic.htm

many forum members are satisfied with quality of his music

havent heard of anything new on the subject so top 2 threads are still relavent

and the problems wedding photographers are faced with has been discussed many times

i still say that if you get enough money upfront and deal with honest people [not relatives ] :)

you will avoid unnecessary problems

ken