WnSoft Forums

YouTube privacy setting

tom95521

When I upload a youtube video using PTE publish to youtube option the privacy setting is always set to public. I have to go into video manager and set it to the option I want.

Minor problem but something that could probably be easily fixed.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Although I don't use the PTE YouTube upload, I think the public setting is the default. I changed certain items to private & the people I wanted to see them & I had the devils own job sorting them. IMO Public should be the default setting.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

I think the privacy option is a nice feature in PTE. If you publish from PTE with a privacy setting it should also be the same in YouTube after upload without having to change in YouTube Video Manager. It is also missing an option UNLISTED so you share only with people that know the URL. The UNLISTED privacy is the one I use the most since many of my videos are shared with friends and relatives and I don't want them searchable in YouTube.

Thanks,

Tom

Maybe some screen captures will help explain the problem.

post-2058-0-41011000-1407603456_thumb.pn

post-2058-0-73268100-1407603455_thumb.pn

post-2058-0-54779200-1407603454_thumb.pn

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Yes I know what you are getting at, but IMO "public" should be the default, after all most users of Youtube want their work publicised. Trying to segregate the odd few private uploads is a lot of work, especially for the person trying to download them, at least it was the last time I went private.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1.