WnSoft Forums

Change status of 'child' object

I hope I have not missed something that covers this already (if so, apologies) but here's my wish:

I sometimes make mistakes in O&A when importing a new image - if I haven't taken care (don't say it) I may have an object selected when I import the new one, with the consequence that the new image appears as a child of the one accidentally left selected. It would be good to be able to change the status of the 'child' to correct this without deleting and then re-importing it. Similarly I might sometimes change my method for a particular bit of animation in some way, when the same kind of need arises. (The 'child' might have had quite a bit of work done to it, which I might not want to discard.)

Any thoughts...?

Of course, I agree with davegee. It is very important to be able to paste a child with a lot of work under a specific parent, with all the work done to it. Not just to the background

" The 'child' might have had quite a bit of work done to it "

Exactly, and it is a very good thing that we can copy the child with all this important work previously done, without to do it again.

It is easier to erase what was done, than to do it again.

You can also use the original child. It is without any work.