WnSoft Forums

Video Editing My Way, Using PTE 8.0.7

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I got involved with a thread about video editing this week. As I've edited a couple of hundred video clips using various versions of PTE, I thought I could help. However as the thread progressed it became obvious the thread starter was using a technique I hadn't used before. IMO the method being used was over complicated & the method I use much simpler.

So I have put together a 4 minute sequence on my basic editing method. The clip & still shot is from one of my Grandchildren's wedding that I attended in October. The video clip was taken with the camera resting on the dining table during the speeches, the laughing young lady in the background is Fedra another of our Grandchildren, who older members will remember from a couple of years ago when she was doing her A level Photography & a show I produced from her "Urban Abstract" shots. The show is on YouTube, which unfortunately still decimates PTE's animation.

Yachtsman1

Thanks. When I add video I often just add the whole thing, even if I only use a few seconds. But that is a bad way to do it and creates 1) problems, 2) huge exe files. I often have problems with EXE files not playing correctly if I do this. It's not problem if I export mp4. This video inspires me to do it "right." Thanks.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Judy

Thanks, I know PTE has lots on intricate methods of performing functions, personally I'm on the side of the Kiss principle (keep it simple), that particular show had over 10 video clips but I managed to keep the file size down by judicious editing & duplication.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

(Masks my way next :rolleyes: )