WnSoft Forums

Ypres and the Salient 2014

trailertrash

Earlier in the year, 4 old comrades were talking about how nice it would be to be at the Menin Gate on the 11th of November.

We never thought we'd pull it off given that most of us are now in our 70's. However, on the 8th of Nov we loaded the car and set off for France.

This is a summary of that adventure and the places we visited.

Andrew.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/category/1-slideshows/

Guest Yachtsman1

Earlier in the year, 4 old comrades were talking about how nice it would be to be at the Menin Gate on the 11th of November.

We never thought we'd pull it off given that most of us are now in our 70's. However, on the 8th of Nov we loaded the car and set off for France.

This is a summary of that adventure and the places we visited.

Andrew.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/category/1-slideshows/

Hi Andrew

The link just goes to SSC there is no show? It takes time for it to be verified as suitable for SSC.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Andrew

Just got back to your show after watching a programme I'd recorded Called "Teenaged Tommies" which was about the under aged volunteers in the first World War, which has a special poignance for me as my Dad was one of them as he joined up when he was 15. As this was to 100th anniversary of the start of the war, I've been try to find more information on his service & was surprised to learn he actually served in 4 regiments including the East Lanc's, The Hampshire, Royal Engineers & the RFC/RAF. I thought he had been invalided out when he was wounded, but he must have stayed in as his service ended in 1922.

Loved the coloured background of your show & the font on the lettering I think it added just the right effect. I'm not a lover of the album type show as I like to see full images on the screen but it seemed to fit the bill, well done.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.