WnSoft Forums

Selecting Style

snapcam

When I select a style e.g. 'Zoom in' in the time line, the position of neighbouring slides change on the time line.

I found that this does not happen if I change to slide view first and then select the style before returning to the time line.

Is that how it is supposed to be or am I missing some thing?

Snapcam

When you apply a Zoom Style you will see a control for "Full Duration". The value shown (initially) is the value of the Full Slide Duration used when creating the style.

If you make this value equal to your existing Slide's Full Slide Duration your adjacent slides should not "move".

The effect that I see in the Slide List is the same as the effect that I see in the Timeline - I have Keep Full Slide Duration and Show Full Slide Duration Ticked in Settings / Preferences / Project.

The transition time built into the Zoom Slide Style is 2s and will reset your Transition Time to that value.

If your Keep Full Slide Duration and Show Full Slide Duration controls are unticked you will see different values. Slide Styles work on Full Slide Duration.

DG

I have now set KFSD but makes no difference.

1 Introduce slide to timeline duration 7secs.

2 apply style i.e. ZOOM IN. Duration remains at 7secs but on timeline All subsequent slides move forward by approx. 5secs. with a couple overlapping their dissolve time.

On the slides tab the same happens but there is no overlap.

It appears as if the style is adapting so as to run the zoom into the next slide.

I was using it as a quick way to zoom instead of O and A for this one slide ,perhaps I am not using it as intended by the programme.

Snapcam

The standard ZOOM IN Style has a duration of 7 s and a transition time of 2s.

If I apply that to a slide which already has those settings it appears to make no difference whatsoever in the timline. The only difference is that when it is played it zooms in between zero and 7s for that slide (Full Slide Duration).

That's the way it was designed.

If you don't want the Zoom to run into the next slide simply go into O&A and drag the right hand KF for the image back to the beginning of the next slide's transition.

Setting KFSD in this case makes no difference - it is the SHOW FSD which will make the difference between the Timeline and Slide List representations.

Could you add a couple of diagrams (screen shots) showing before and after and indicate which slide you are applying the zoom to?

DG

Snapcam,

I can see a problem which I can't explain, but it only affects the last slide when the Style is applied in the Timeline.

If you have 50 slides in the Slide List and apply the Style to slide 2 in the Timeline, only slide 50 is affected (its FSD is changed from 7 to 5).

I will see if Igor has an explanation.

Until then it might be a good idea to only apply styles in the Slide List?

DG

Sorry for the delay in answering,

If I select a slide in a sequence with e.g. 7 second timing, and select Style ZOOM IN, the window shows duration 7seconds, speed 100% and zoom 122% then select apply.

Returning to the project the next slide moves forward by about 2 seconds and the placement of other slides also moves. See the earlier screenshots.

Thanks for giving this your time as the same effect can be achieved in O&A but I assume the style is not working as expected.

Raymond

Raymond,

See your PM.

What I think that you have to remember is what I said earlier.

You say your slide is 7s Duration - is that Slide Duration or Full Slide Duration (FSD)?

If you are quoting Slide Duration then the equivalent FSD is 7 seconds PLUS the next Transition Duration.

Example: Slide duration = 7 seconds (2s + 5s). If the next transition is 2s then the FSD = 9 seconds.

When you apply your Zoom In Style it has an FSD of 7 seconds which includes the next transition, it is 2s less than your original FSD so it will have an effect on following slides.

When using Slide Styles I find it MUCH easier to understand what is going on if "Show FSD" is ticked and the application of the Style is done in the SLIDE VIEW..

DG

P.S. Please note that I have not used the KFSD term - that is a slightly different subject.

Snapcam,

I can see a problem which I can't explain, but it only affects the last slide when the Style is applied in the Timeline.

If you have 50 slides in the Slide List and apply the Style to slide 2 in the Timeline, only slide 50 is affected (its FSD is changed from 7 to 5).

I will see if Igor has an explanation.

Until then it might be a good idea to only apply styles in the Slide List?

DG

The problem that I refered to here has been fixed in V8.0.10

DG

Raymond,

In the diagram below I have tried to show the effect of adding the "Zoom In" Style. In this case, all slides are 10s FSD and 4s Transition Duration.

The Zoom In Style is then applied to Slide 2.

The top half shows "before" and the bottom half is "after".

You can see how the adding of a 7s FSD Style (with a 2s Transition Duration) moves all Transition Points following the addition of the Style.

If the FSD of Slide 2 is changed to suit the original slide (in this case 10s) and the Transition Duration is changed to suit the original Transition (4s) then you are back where you started.

V8.0.10 has been used.

post-2488-0-04756900-1418137295_thumb.jp

DG

Firstly I have been using V8.0.9 which may make a difference. I will download to 10.

I have concluded that I did not realise that selecting a style did not just add the effect to the slide but also affected the slide timings.

As I said maybe I have tried to use it were it wasn't intended and it IS working as intended.

Thanks Dave for the time you have taken with this.

Raymond