WnSoft Forums

Animated images (eg GIF) in PTE

bogari0171

Hallo,

I have two questions relevant to animated images (eg GIF with PTE)

1. Producing GIF images with Photoshop CC I noted some problems using them with PTE images. Is it necessary to follow particular procedures or special parameters in the process of productions of GIFs?

2. With PTE is possible to produce animated images similar to GIF (see for example the videoshow "Jazz" by Charles Pizolatto). The difficulty I see on this case is to properly align all the images necessary. I normally do it manually; is there a way to produce it automatically, or is there a method to control the alignment?

Thanks for Help

Saluti

Claudio

Hallo Claudio,

Properly created Animated GIF images work perfectly with PTE. The only way to align objects is either visually, or by placing the identical values for them in the Objects and Animations pan blocks. If the "center" of the objects have not been changed, then they should align perfectly via these "pan" values.

Under the "Properties" tab in O&A you can select the animated GIF then click on "Adjust Images and Border" then click on the "Animations" tab where you have the options to control motion of the GIF. For example, let's say you had an animated GIF of a bird flying. You can control the speed of the wing flap with the "Interval(ms)" from no animation to any speed value. You can set an offset for when you want the animation to begin relative to the slide, etc. You could make the bird soar, then flap it's wings, then soar, etc., all via keyframe values of these variables.

There is no provision for "creating" an animated gif in PTE, but you have great control over the animations of a properly created animated GIF.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

as far as GIF creation with Photoshop, you say "properly created" This is my main point. I have no difficulty in creating any GIF, but I do not know if I do it properly. Sometime the GIF created does not appear on the image in PTE, so I do not know if I make some mistakes in the creation.

I do not have alignement problems in such cases.

The alignement problems arise for me when I create animated objects directly in in PTE.

These are produced setting several figures in the same picture and then setting the parameters within the comand "Adjust image and borders".

It is easy to set the parameters, but the main difficulty is to properly align manually each figure in the image used for the animation.

As an example I mentioned the piano in the "Jazz" videoshow by Charles Pizolatto (Charlie in the French Forum)

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio