WnSoft Forums

Childhood Sweethearts

nickles

Nice to see someone actually does this. Another specific good use of PTE. I guess for the last how many years, every anniversary, wife's birthday, and mothers day - I think about a personal PTE message to the special one. :)

On my 750 mhz pc, many of your transitions are not real smooth. What size are most of your photo files in the show?

All the slides are 1024x768. Before I uploaded, I significantly reduced the jpg quality so that the download wouldn't be quite as large. The background music is mp3 at 128kbits. Most transition smoothing lines were set at 200. Seems smooth on my PC but I'm running 1.5 ghz with a fairly fast video card. I'll test on some slower PC's.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback....and am very open to any other suggestions you might have. I'm definitely no expert at this but sure have fun doing it.

Thanks....KEN

Hi Nickles ,

Great to see someone making real use out of this Fab programme what a lot of memories all look good ones too thanks for sharing them your show ran fine on my 3 year old dinosaur 1000 mzh nothing fancy PC bet it made you popular at home :P

Regards Clive

What program do you all use to reduce the jpg quality?  What quality would you recommend?  Although i think my show is mostly large because of the music... any recommended music settings anyone?

-00A

The quality of the photos and soundtrack is dependent on the eyes and ears of the beholder. I normally keep fairly high jpeg quality for my originals but compress significantly for uploads. I use IRFANView to batch compress jpegs. I compress uploads with a compression option of 70 to 75, but could probably compress more. Refer to the following post:

Using IRFANView

For MP3 soundtracks I normally use 128kbits but don't think I would go below 112kbits but if it sounds okay then use less.

For my post of Childhood Sweethearts, I compressed the jpegs from my original slideshow, yielding a reduction from 34.6mb to 18.7mb (IRFANView setting of 70). I also use Paintshop Pro 8.1 and Photoshop 7. Paintshop Pro has an excellent compression wizard that let's you see the result before compression. IRFANView is free, does an excellent job, and so much simpler. Don't need special script or action. Besides compression their are a multitude of batch processing options. Hope this helps.