WnSoft Forums

Several Suggestions...

Greetings,

I have made some of these suggestions in the past but they have not been incorporated into new versions. So I am trying again.

1- Provide ‘Overwrite’ warning when you Convert a video clip. Yes, you can edit the file name in the Destination File window, but it would be nice to have a warning if you are going to overwrite an existing file.

2- Provide the choice to be able to Trim a video clip without have to Convert it.

3- Make MOV video clip play smoothly in the Convert preview window. They play very jerky so it is very difficult to trim accurately before Converting them. Yes, I can trim the MOV clips in VNX2 first, but it would be nice to be able to do it within PTE.

4- When you want to add the audio portion from a video clip, make it clearer how you can do this. Currently, you have to know that you can click on the ‘Audio files….’ selection to have the ‘Video files…’ appear. It is not obvious that you can do this.

5- Show the extension of the files in the Slides and Timeline views. Sometimes you might have the same name for different image or video files but the formats are different.

6- For images that have been put into the project but are not the main images, show some indication in the File List that the file is being used in the project, i.e. italicized, for example

7- In the File List, add a ‘Length’ column to show the length of the video files.

8- Currently, if you have a video clip followed by an image file, you can move the image file to the left (when in Timeline view) to shorten (i.e., trim) the end of the video clip (an easy way of trimming the end of the video clip). It would be helpful to be able to do this to the beginning of the video clip by being able to move the video clip to the left to ‘trim’ the beginning of the video clip. This would allow some fine tuning of the beginning and ending of a video clip.

Yes, you can make such adjustments in O&A but it would be nice to be able to just move the video clip in the Timeline to have a similar effect.

Gary

Hi goodi

Agree.

The main problem for me is that sometimes I open a project, twice (by mistake), and there is no warning that the project is already open, and when I close it and agree to "save", the copy not modified, overwrites the modified, and lose all the work.

MUR