WnSoft Forums

howto: DVD project

Hello,

I can see only 95% of a slideshow on my TV (mp4 on USB video entry).
So, I try to use the howto: DVD project http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/techniques/dvdproject.

The first problem is that the bold font used for pictures already placed in the slideshow is only for main picture not for "child".

I think all the pictures used should be showned with the name in bold font. Tthe possibility to show only the pictures used, or only the pictures not already used or all the pictures would be very useful, and it would be perfect if it was done also for audio tracks and videos.

The second problem is that you must put your pictures normaly if you want to use slide style and then put your blankblack picture, cut and paste.

The third problem, which is more important, is that you cannot use standard transitions like Push, Slide, Curling of page, swap 3D.

May be, it could be mentioned on the help

So this workaround seems to me not really usable.

PictureToExe allow us to specify a fixed size of slide, and you can have black strips around your slide with the executable form of the slideshow.

Depending of the different aspect ratio, you can have black strips on a video.

It would be useful if we can specify the % of the video occupied by the slide (the video is 1920x1080, the % is 95, then the slide is 1824x1026)

Denis

Denis,

I am interested in your statement that your tv only shows 95% of an mp4.

I think that if you have a modern flat screen tv and you "dig" into the media player menu, you will find a setting to play 100% of the image.

This is quite a common problem and only requires a little patience to find the correct setting.

DG

Dave,

I have a SONY KDL40-W5500

I can change the settings to play 100% for the "Normal TV", for the hdmi entry but not for the usb entry when I want to see video.

In fact, this TV read .m2ts file and I must change the mp4 to m2ts (let the video codec to h.264 change audio codec aac to ac3 and the container like AVCHD or Blu-Ray)

To see all my slideshow, I pad the video from PTE with black strips with FFMPEG, so I don't need another woraround

Denis

I have not thie possibility (only Nomal, -1, -2 for this USB(Video) entry

For other entry, I have the possibility all the pixels which should be better

Yout TV is better than mine for playing slideshow.

But my TV was not the purpose of the post.

Other peoples have the same problem (see http://www.diapositif.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38995 for example) when they want to make a DVD

It was just a suggestion for Igor for PTE and you for the howto: DVD project, not more.

Denis

Hi Denis,

Sorry for my confusion.

For USB: this is the third Sony Flat Screen TV (KDL-32W65xA) that I have had with USB and all have had the ability to set full screen for video via the Media Player. I have been using USB and mp4 for a few years now.

For DVD: The method I described is just ONE method and I stated this in the article. Other methods to suit different circumstances exist. The Online Help is open to anyone to describe their methodology to overcome these problems.

But I don't recommend using the DVD method to cure USB problems. That is a TV problem (IMHO).

Give Sony a telephone call or e-mail. I am sure that there is an answer to your USB problem.

DG

P.S. From the Manual for your TV (Page 83 - English):

Display Area
Adjusts the picture display area.
• Auto: Automatically switches to the most
appropriate display area.
• Full Pixel: Displays pictures in their original
size when parts of the picture are cut off.
• +1: Displays pictures in their original size.
• Normal: Displays pictures in their
recommended size.
• -1/-2: Enlarges the picture so that the edges
are outside the visible display area.

Hi Dave,

I know the manual (in French), but you forgot the last line:

"These options may change depending on the input displayed."

I'm not enough fluent in English to describe a methodology for this problem. Just a resume:

Make your normal show

Export it in HD (mp4) with the highest quality

Open a new project

Put the video without optimization

Select the quick transition

In O&A zoom the video (for me its 95%)

Make your HD video or your DVD

It is easy but long for the PC.

Denis

Sorry but we have not the same TV and on mine, the menu is not the same and screen display for the usb(video) entry has only -2 and -1 and Normal not +1

I think i can understand the manual of the TV and the differents menus.