WnSoft Forums

Sound problem with PTE 8.0.15

dianat

Whilst working on a project with mixed photo slides and videos the sound from the audio files suddenly disappeared the timeline mode. I no longer hear the sound in audio files on the audio tab in Project Options, or on individual slides and videos when played in Objects and Animations. Recorded sound from videos is also absent. All audio files and sound from videos is working correctly in all preview modes and in the exe files and finished videos. I am in contacted with Winsoft support and sent a demo file (with video and photos used in previous projects soI know that those files are OK) to them but they say it is working normally on their PTE program. I have checked audio playback on my laptop and uninstalled and re-installed PTE but no solution. Can anyone suggest something please - it's very difficult to synch audio with slides without timeline sound!

This may be elementary, but what happens if you open a new PTE file and load one image and an MP3? Check the audio tab "start time" and "offset" and make sure that they are at zero..

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

The first thing I would check is, did you import your settings from the last version of PTE you used, EG tick the boxes needed to do this? If you didn't, those settings will have to be re-done as the new version will have been allowed to revert to the default settings, in particular the synchronize sound in the Advanced tab of Project options.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-80833300-1431159584_thumb.jp