WnSoft Forums

DVD Player

Carolreid

Sure it's possible, Carol!... But you must burn a CD (SVCD) or - if you have a DVD writer - a DVD. In pte 4.20 you have the new option "Video" on the main page.

An advice? See intently the section "How to create video" in this forum.

I had hoped to be able to simply save the PTE exe file on a CD and play it on the DVD player and see it on the TV.

So far this has not worked!

The DVD player plays a whole CD of ordinary photos but cannot recognise the PTE exe file.

I cannot BURN a DVD so Ken's URL is of no use since i dont want (atm) to produce a video.

I'll keep at it - I NEED it for to-morrow night!

Thanks

Carol

Carol:

It can't be done the way you want with PTE (or any .exe file that I know of). Sorry

Someone did accidently put a CD with a PTE show of mine into a DVD player- they were able to get to see the images but no music or nice transitions. How and why I don't know.

Perhaps the CDs with images that did work was simple file of jpgs. But not being a DVD expert in anyway I can't help.

Yup!

I've now realised this!

I even downloaded the 4.2 version thinking I needed the Video info but I would also need to be able to burn DVD.

I originally thought I could connect my laptop to the TV but after extensive testing and using other TVs and other Laptops I have found that that was not possible either.

I'm now resigned to showing the Slideshow on my Laptop and hoping that (a) no-one tries to pinch it and (B) that no-one interferes with it.

I had thought this would be an easy way of displaying the film Slides at our photographic club exhibition without getting everyone to sit down and watch a slideshow.

Thanks for your help.

Carol

I originally thought I could connect my laptop to the TV but after extensive testing and using other TVs and other Laptops I have found that that was not possible either.

Carol, this one is actually possible with decent results, if you have a graphics card with tv out feature. Probably not an option for your immediate tomorrow. Several of us for several years have used that capability. Quality is not as good as with PTE/DVD combination.