WnSoft Forums

New Show - Ramona

Alanweb

I created this PTE show from very recent photos, taken on a gray day at a small fishing harbor. I then searched for some music that would compliment the photos. I found a song that complimented the photos and further caused me to change the title photos to match. It's unfortunate that the song can only be posted in one language, but hopefully most of you can enjoy the words along with the music.

Alan

I just viewed this show and have viewed American Fisherman several times. Very, very nice. The transitions of B&W to color to "painting effects" were pleasing to me.

I am not a technical critic. I view presentations expecting a feeling to be conveyed to me. Although, I'm from the interior of the USA, and spent little time on our coasts...your two presentations conveyed a nice but haunting feeling. I could almost feel the ghosts of fishermen come and gone...the boats are dissolving into the sea as many of the fishermen surely have.

Your two shows are definite "keepers" that I will watch again and share with others.

Thanks for sharing with us....

Like Ken, I lean more toward a show conveying some sort of feeling. I try, though, to pay some attention to the technical details, where possible, to improve upon the shows. You'll notice I held that last slide longer this time, as a correction to an abrubt termination as pointed out once before. I must concur with Ken, the lot of the fisherman seems to be fading into the sea in many cases. It is a fate such as that of the small family farm. I photograph both farm and harbor subjects for that very reason. Like the steam train, the days of small commercial fishing vessels seem numbered.

I am happy to know that some of that emotion conveys and can be enjoyed by others. Thanks for the comments thusfar.

Alan

Alan

I can very well imagine the attachment a fisherman must get to his vessel

The music was a perfect choice along with the photos of the rusted chains and peeling paint on the vessels, they blended very well together as it portraits the two of them growing old together.

Your last image was a very nice effect.

Thank you