WnSoft Forums

New Show - Kenya - February 2004

DiverX

Just added a new show "Kenya - February 2004" after a long absence here. My wife, myself a friend and his Mom went and had an unbelievable trip. I took a bunch of photos and put one show together. B)

Check out Beechbrook Cottage for the download. Enjoy.

George,

I'm honored to be the first person to comment on your show. One word; WOW! The photography is superb and the photos themselves are all award winning quality. You must be proud of the way all those shots turned out. I am curious to know, did you do that with digital cameras, or film? "Kenya" is like three shows in one, each having it's own special subject matter. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thanks for putting that show together and sharing it with us. I hope everyone gets to view it.

Alan

Wow, thanks so much for the kind comments! I use a Nikon D100 and the following lenses on this trip : Nikon 500mm AF-S, 80-400VR, 70-200VR, 28-105 ...all Nikon lenses.

I broke it into 3 sections for subject matter and a change of pace. Glad you enjoyed! ;)

Welcome back with us, George "DiverX"!

And what show you have offered us! I won't repeat what Alan wrote very well, but I could subscribe all he said. A great show of superb photographs!

Absolutely breathtaking presentation George! What an amazing adventure you had and thank you for sharing it with us! I have always enjoyed your underwater experiences and trip reports at the Scuba forum and your website. I can't even imagine taking a trip and not diving but it looks like you had lots of above land creatures to photograph!

I had no idea there were so many kinds of birds in Africa. My husband and son are there right now for three weeks (Limpopo Province South Africa, Namibia, and Kruger Park). They took two digital cameras, one 35mm camera, and one digital video camera. I sure hope they get to see what you saw and can manage a few good photos!

Excellent music, perfectly timed transitions, and postcard quality photos. Great job and thank you!!

Carol

George:

What can I say...an absolutely stunning show...trip of a lifetime...superb photography...wonderful music...the lions will put you on edge...birds are beautiful things...fantastic animal shots...people scenes were good and blended in very well.

My hat's off to you for a most wonderful production. Thank you for sharing....ken

George, you diserve a sponsorship from Nikon. Such nice photos. Guess I thought all your photos in the past looked great because they were under water. ;) Sometimes the Kenya experience seems so vast that a photographer is hard pressed to put together a show that conveys the experience in a time frame that the casual viewer can endure. No endurance needed with your show - perfect for this viewer.

I can't find enough superlatives for these images and the accompanying music!

I realize that most were taken with super-long, super-heavy lenses...and as much as I would like to be able to capture similar images with similar equipment realize that I will have to be among the appreciaters of such skill and artistry. Thank you for sharing. I hope you didn't put an expiration date on this presentation because I'd like to keep it for as long as I want to be inspired.

Isabel

"I use a Nikon D100 and the following lenses on this trip : Nikon 500mm AF-S, 80-400VR, 70-200VR, 28-105..."

"Kenya is so incredible it's hard not to get decent photos!"]

No George, this all is not enough. I agree with Daniel when he says "good lenses is OK, but to use them so, it is great". Many of us have excellent cameras and lenses, and I think you are not the first photographer who went to Kenia.

But I saw few photographs alike only in some old issues of "National Geographic".

So, a great "bravo!" again!

• 5 weeks later...