WnSoft Forums

Older Tutorials/Demos

cottage

Greetings to the group. On Beechbrook.Com I am still hosting some very old tutorials and demos. With so many new features/advantages in PTE are these older presentations still valid or should they be removed from my server?

Thank you for your input.

Kindest regards,

Bill :)

Bill..

I would suggest that you archive them on a CD/RW and if someone request

one..you can put it up on a temp. basis and after a certain time, you can

erase the CD for another archive or use!

My suggestion may not be the best, but that is "my two cents"

Bart

Thanks folks. Very valuable information from everyone! I just don't what to continue carrying old information that has been replace with improvements in PTE. The software continues to be enhanced and I hope that our tutorials/demos/utilities are keeping up with these changes. I will continue to host them hoping that the authors will update them as necessary.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Bill

Perhaps it might be an idea for those members with old presentations on your site could let you know if they would like you to keep hosting them. We must remember that you provide an invaluable service to us all and that your site should not be cluttered up with old stuff.

My own early presentation 'Cwmbran' can be removed now because it has been recently updated with 'Cwmbran with flash'

Ronnie,

Thanks for the advice. Per my PTE Upload Guidelines presentation rotate off my site automatically after 90 days. However there are exceptions to these guidelines. Utilities, demos, tutorials and presentations hosted on other sites, and only linked to mine, do not fall under this time period restriction.

It’s those older utilities, demos, etc. that I'm concerned about. Some have been with me for years! If they are useful fine but if they need to be "refurbished" or "tuned-up" I hope the authors will consider doing this. I don't want new PTE users to be frustrated by watching older examples and not seeing some of the benefits of the newer PTE releases.

Thanks again for your comments.

Bill :rolleyes:

Bill..

I would suggest that you archive them on a CD/RW and if someone request

one..you can put it up on a temp. basis and after a certain time, you can

erase the CD for another archive or use!

My suggestion may not be the best, but that is "my two cents"

Bart

Bart,

Your "two cents" always counts!! Thanks.

Bill

Dear Bill,

I have not TWO cents... maybe one! But let me thank you once again for all you are doing - and you did - for PTE and all forum members (and for me too!).

With all my acknowledgement

Guest Techman1

Bill,

One of the tutorials that I wish was more advertised somehow would be, "pte101.zip" by Al Robinson. This is one of the best tutorials that I have seen on the basics of using Pictures to Exe. It truly is an excellent learning tool that every new user should review. It hasn't been updated to include the Video addition or some of the other more recent changes, but the core product is very well covered there.

Thanks again to Al for taking the time to create this and to you Bill for continuing to host everyone's slide shows. You are both top notch!

Best regards,

Fred

Your wish is my command! :)

I'm in the process of updating as we speak - should be "on the stands" in a couple weeks. Unless Igor makes a whole lot of new additions in the next 2 weeks. :huh:B) Glad it is so appreciated. :)

Ciao,

Al

Al,

I too would like to tell you how great of a tool the PTE 101 is.

I know the number of Downloads from Cottage speaks for it's self. But, I am sure that is just a small

number of the people that have watched and learned form your work. I know myself, I have given the

show to many people to watch. So I am sure you could take the number of downloads and multiply it

by many views.

I know that the pay you got for making the show was not much. But if the words:

Wow,

Cool, and

I did not know that.

were worth anything, you would be rich.

Thanks for teaching

and

Thanks for the uncoming update.

cc