WnSoft Forums

UHD and PTE ...a match made in heaven

cagney123

I bought an UHD Tv to use as a monitor about a month ago.  The resolution is 3840x2160.  The biggest complaint about UHD is the lack of media.  If you are like me you have lots of media...the best kind, your own images...thousands of them.  The first thing I did was order a new graphics card as it had been several years since I had updated my card.  I am using a very old motherboard that I bought many years ago for a shoebox computer I built.  As it turned out my old Nvidia card was just fine for the most part, but I went ahead and put in the new card...a 900 series just to make sure I could play  work on PTE files without problems.  Anyway, the first thing I started working on was images I shot in 2007.  Guess what?...they looked wonderful and played just like always with PTE.  If you have shot images in the last 9 or 10 years you probably have UHD quality images and can play with then just like always.  PTE is just wonderful for the creative person who wants to see their images as best as is possible and be able to mix and match music and images and see them right now, as best as is possible.  

Don't wait for the big media boys to put out movies in 4k or UHD...start right now with PTE and your very own media.  I bought a 40" TV and have been using it for over a month, and just love it.

It reminds me of the mid 1970's when I bought Bose 901 speakers for a small fortune at the time, and then suspended them from the ceiling and played all my records and felt I was hearing them for the first time.  Seeing your  own images this way is exactly the same feeling...you see the blades of grass and the individual leaves on  trees.  I am gushing and it has been a month of playing with the new UHD definition.  OK...I may be late to the party with this info...I just wanted those that are thinking about jumping into the 4k world to just get wet.  My 40" monitor was very resonable, or I would have waited.  Let me know what you think, or if you have questions.  If you are using PTE you might as well get a 4k, or UHD monitor, or TV.  You will love it.

Jeff Lunt

Hi Jeff,

That's a great idea. I bought a 30" 2650x1600 resolution display a while back and the difference between it and my old display was absolutely astounding. I would imagine that the difference between my 30" and your 3840x2160 UHD TV would be just as remarkable. The only thing which has held me back from jumping into the UHD arena has been the question of how it would handle animation in terms of ghosting on movement. Hopefully, the new standards have sufficient refresh rates to take care of that.

Best regards,

Lin 

Hi Lin...I don't do animation, so I can't help in that area.  It does just fine with video.  Anyway, as far as seeing your images and including music, it works just like all PTE shows...

only way more wonderful.  I am just having a blast this winter season.

Thanks for stopping by Lin...I hope your New Year is shaping up just fine.  Lets get together this year for drinks or lunch, or something.  Time is running out.

Jeff