WnSoft Forums

Photoshop video editing

JEB

Hi John,

You might ask Barry - I think he may sometimes use Photoshop for video editing. If you could explain what the issue you're having with exporting "rendered" video for use in PT is, perhaps someone could be more helpful. 

Personally I use two freeware products (VideoPad Video Editor and AVIdemux 2,5) for my own editing. I understand that the latest versions of Photoshop CC have decent video editing capabilities but I don't use CC so can't help with any useful advice.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I'm beginning to see sufficient light to proceed. One of my problems is selecting the correct encoder and format in the export dialog within PS. I've identified a couple of instruction/training documents that have been of help so I am experimenting with encouraging results.

As video is now pretty well standard on cameras nowadays I'm beginning to find reasons to use it. However, I am finding that when I incorporate it into my show which is 99% still images the video needs to be adjusted for exposure etc. Being a subscriber to CC it seems to make sense to use it. Though as you state you don't use CC your favourable "understanding" of its capabilities are encouraging. Having no experience myself of this subject my post had to some extent been intended to see if it generated opinions from those in the know.

So if anybody out there has a view I would be interested.

Cheers

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi JEB

I also use Video Pad for anything other than basic editing, which I use the PTE functions. Video Pad is great but takes some getting used to & the free versions keep running out & have to be renewed.

Eric

Yachtsman1.