WnSoft Forums

No Sound and File Size Limit

kgoreilly

I have a show created with version 7.0. The *,exe file size is less than 4GB.

There is sound in Preview and when I create HD video of show, but no sound when *,exe is created.

I experimented with truncating the show. Once the file size gets down to about 2.2GB the sound works.

This is not a question about how to get the file size down. I'm just puzzled about why there's no sound if I'm less than 4GB.

It's not a PTE limit, it's a 32 bit limit (PTE is, like many software programs, a 32 bit program). Perhaps in the future when 64 bit code is used, this executable size limit will increase, but many computers and operating systems are still subject to the 32 bit executable file limitations. Even if PTE were presently a 64 bit software, if the 2 gigabyte size limit is exceeded the file would not be compatible with 32 bit systems so a program which ran fine on one system wouldn't necessarily work on another. This would be problematic. In time, all hardware and software will be 64 bit compatible - but not just yet.

Lin  

I am beginning to get the picture.  I wonder if a solution would be to take those images in series and create compressed video such as MP4 and then add that to P2E.  The results might be more satisfactory.  You are asking a lot of software and hardware, and apparently, unnecessarily.  At 24 FPS you simply don't need that kind of resolution, you can't see it anyway.  That's my opinion anyway.  You can do it the awkward expensive way, or the easier, streamlined way with possibly better results. 

Who is your audience?  

How are you planning to project or present this?  What kind of projection system / high res monitor / size of screen?

Or are you just experimenting to see what the limits are? 

The PNGs originate from a very short blu-ray video clip. This was processed in Premiere Pro using Twixtor to create ultra slow motion video.

I then used FFmpeg to extract all the frames. These were then processed using an 'action' in Photoshop to get the exact look I wanted.

The resulting PNGs are pretty good quality. The trouble is when I tried compressing them there was really a big drop off in quality -visible banding and pixelation in the images.

I know this workflow may seem odd, and if I had more than very little experience with Premiere Pro, I might be able to do everything directly in Premiere Pro. I just went with approaches I've used before.

It doesn't help either that I'm only interested in art, rather than craft/technology as a thing in itself.