WnSoft Forums

Vignette Francaise & Into the Night

Severn Bore

Congratualtions to Al and Michel for their most recent slide shows on Beechbrook. Have just returned from a trip to Hamburg so was deprived from PTE for over two weeks! Returned home to download these two shows and found them absolutely inspirational.

The photography in Al's show was superb. I have been visiting France for many years and have never been able to capture such photos as his. And, as always, Michel has given us food for thought with his creative ideas on Photoshop combined with his usual top quality pics.

Thanks for you work.

Andrew

aka Severn Bore :D:D

I find I had also "missed" a complete view of Al's Vignette Francaise. Nice of course. The music seemed exceptionally hi-fidelity. What format and specs on this music Al? Any "special" treatment? The sound clarity reminds me of some of the shows that Oleg has posted.

Thanks for your compliments, Bob and Andrew! They're much appreciated!

Andrew, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about Michel's "Into the Night". The colourful photos are most effective in their depiction of city night-life. Michel has an uncanny ability when it comes to architectural subjects, both day and night!

Re your question, Bob, the music was grabbed from the CD as is, via Cool Edit and my sound card (a Creative Labs "Audigy 1"), with no further treatment - but I agree with you, the music is very nice. It's one of my favourite CD's.

The file used for PTE is in MP3 format (96 kbps, 22,050 Hz).

Thanks all for your kind words.

Maybe it's nice to know that I have been invited by an audio-visual workgroup (who saw my presentation on Beechbrook) to send this project to the annual national contest in audio-visual slides, and I was just in time before closing date; I hope my show will pass the prelimenary rounds.

About Al's show, the pictures I like very much because it is always very, very difficult to make good shots of mountain areas, in a sense that the pictures surpass the level of popular postcards. I think you succeeded in this.

kind regards

Michel Verhoef

• 1 month later...

Hi

In my previous mail of this subject I was speaking of an annual national contest in sound/slide show in my country. I was asked to send in my "Into the night" show, which I did (I never did something like this before). A quick debriefing of this tells that I got an honourable recommendation but there was quite some criticism also. I quote some lines from the jury rapport:

"....the music fits good with the images and the atmosphere of both are fitting good together. A minor point is the not always concequently size of the images, the reason for the use of the different imagesizes in a creative sense is not always clear for the jury. Abstract themes like these are interesting when there is a maximum symbiosys between sound and image, done by a perfect synchronicity between these two. Unfortunately this was mostly not the case in this show, the transitions and the music did not match perfectly and the variation in transitions was not often based on the music......" :(:(

Well this gives some stuff to reflect (do I need a drink now ... :blink: or desperately a visual tool or diagram in PTE to make the music fit better with the images ??)

greetings

Michel Verhoef