WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Pte Forum problem

BrianH

I regularly browse the Pte Forum either via my Windows laptop or my Samsung Galaxy Android tablet. Until recently I have never experienced any problems and this has covered a period of several years. Whilst I can still browse the forum via my laptop normally today when I went to the forum via my Android tablet I experienced strange behaviour. The Index page opens normally however after clicking the subject line the next page opens in a vertical format with the subject heading vertically down the left hand side, instead of listed in the normal horizontal format. When I click on the vertical left subject heading the next page opens with the subject heading still vertical but the actual subject matter displayed as normal. I have attached screen shots for information. I seem to remember viewing the forum last week on the tablet normally so the problem has only just occurred. I have looked at various settings and cleared the cache but no improvement. I also deleted the web link and resaved but still no change. Any ideas please to solve this matter.

Brian H

Pte01.png

pte02.png

pte03.png

I have now found the answer to my problem.

I have now installed Google Chrome to my android tablet and using this browser to access the Pte forum has returned all to normal. I am still at a loss as to why this problem suddenly arose having made no changes to my tablets browser, however at least the problem is now solved.

Brian H

Hi Brian,

It's difficult to say why this may have been happening - perhaps some minor changes were made in the Android Browser which may eventually be fixed. Nothing has been changed on the PTE forum software so it's likely a browser issue. I'm glad you solved the issue by using Chrome.

Best regards,

Lin