WnSoft Forums

Disc burning using Windows 10

Ray Groome

I am having problems trying to burn an Exe slide show to a CD using Windows 10. When I right click on an Exe file and choose 'Send to CD player', a screen appears with the file listed, ready for burning. But I am unable to progress further- there is no 'burn' button. Any suggestions, please!

Ray Groome

CD Player or CD Burner?

Have you Upgraded to W10 or bought a PC with W10 ready installed.

Someone else here had a similar problem with an upgrade to W10 - he downloaded burning software.

Anyone else "upgraded"? Does the Upgrade include a CD/DVD Burner?

DG

On my windows 10 systems in File Explorer:

Select the file you want to burn, then click on the share tab and select burn to disc.

Alternatively drag the file and drop it on the CD drive and you should get a message saying files ready to burn to disc.

Regards

John

Ray Groome,

Try opening My Computer ( or whatever its called in W 10) which lists all your HDD Drives and attached Devices. Right-click  the CD/DVD Drive icon and  bring up the pop-up menu. See if there is a menu item that gives you the option to burn to disc ... it should also have available the option to remove the file from the burning  queue/list.

* I dont have use of W 10 ...  but I suspect this procedure works as it has in previous Windows OS.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I appear to have made progress with this problem. When I go through the Share and Burn tabs I am presented with a screen asking me 'How do you want to use this disc?' When I clicked on the 'with a CD/DVD player' option nothing happened, and I was unable to burn the disc. But when I clicked on the 'Like a USB flash drive'  option it all came to life and the disc was formatted and I was able to progress to the burn !

Don't understand it, but I can live with that!

After further experimenting I have now solved the problem of burning the disc when choosing the 'with a CD/DVD player ' option. I was unable to find the burn button, but when I right clicked on the listed DVD/CD drive, there it was! Simple when you know how, but the process was different to what I had used for the past 15 years!!