WnSoft Forums

AutorunMenuWindow

LumenLux

Granot, just getting started on beta testing but have question from your readme file. Quoting from the file,

MW Full Screen

==================

A folder called "AMW Full Screen" contains "AMWFull.exe" which

is same as "AMW.exe" but with full colored screen around the

window. You can use this file if you like, but you will have to use

the "autorun.inf" file included in this folder.

Can I find or get these options?

Ok Granot, here is the first round. I think this program of yours has good potential.

My first try with the cfg.exe yielded a blank. Then I went back and viewed the tutorial that you had posted earlier. This made my second try with the cfg.exe successful.

I used your standard buttons with my designated text and links. The links to all PTE shows worked fine and the multi-file pte shows also worked fine from this menu.

I don't seem to be able to get my email to come up using your mailto:LumenLux@do-some-good.com

Maybe I need further explanation how to do it.

My successful menu was saved as project.txt. When I next ran cfg.exe, I opened the existing project (instead of new project.) The existing project when opened, still had the links, but the text I had saved was not visable. Instead, each button simply said "Text." To be of any use, it seems the open existing project has to open and display as saved so that I can add more buttons or links. Or modify existing buttons, links, etc.

Although I understand some benefit of having the links keyed by the text instead of the button, it does result in a problem. If the recipient of the menu clicks on the button but misses the text, the link is not triggered and the user concludes the button does nothing.

Question ( I have not tried yet.) Could I use a button link to call up another of your utilities which includes option of installing shows etc. onto the users hard drive if they don't seem to run correctly from the cd?

Hope these first-experience items may be of help to you. Carry on!

Hi Robert

First, thanks for your help. I appreciate that.

Ignore "AMW Full Screen" since it is planed so I added it to the "Readme" not to forget. As for calling another utility I think should be no problem since you can call any file you want. Regarding link on Text and not on button, I had a problem with it since the text comes over button so if user click on the Text, and the link is on the button, the link will not work. This is a point I noticed too but if I'll put the links on both button and text, this may cause problems if you move your text to another button by mistake or just by not noticing.

As for email problem, I will check it.

Can you please send me the project.txt file with the email problem ?

This is the main problem:

The existing project when opened, still had the links, but the text I had saved was not visable. Instead, each button simply said "Text."
Do you mean all text links displayed "Text" but they still had their links and the links worked ?

I will run a full check (waiting for your file) and hope to solve those problems.

Thank you a lot for your help

Granot

Hi,

Yes, there is a bug but happily not my mistake. I can easily solve this but since it will require many more script lines I'm waiting for some external help, maybe I can do it in a shorter way.

As for email - I found no problem and it works fine here. I suspect the "com" is the problem. Please try to put another email and see if it works.

I didn't recieve your file, please try to send again, maybe zip it first.

Well, if those are all the problems I'm glad since all can be solved. Please let me know if you find more.

I will be waiting for your email test .

:DNew fixed version Uploaded.

Thank you

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

I had tested this program also (briefly) and found the same issue with regard to when you go back to make a change. All of the "TEXT" assigned to your buttons default back to the word "TEXT" instead of what had originally been assigned. The links appear to still be correct in the project file.

The other thing that I noticed is that I didn't use the default multi-colored buttons. I selected a few from your selection available. Everything looked fine. When I exited it and opened it back up to modify, not only had the text changed (per above), but the original buttons had returned. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the file.

I'll test the email issue and will let you know also.

Regards,

Fred

Robert,

You were right about the email. I run test on custom button and you made on default button. Since on default buttons The program check first if file exist before trying to run it, and it didn't find the mailto file, it didn't work. I will fix it so all buttons can run email. Thanks, that was a good big bug.

Fred,

I fixed the "Text" bug already.

Email bug not fixed yet but will be done soon (see my answer to Robert).

The 5 multi-colored buttons are for you to click and replace with your buttons. The one colored buttons are the default. I didn't understand your last paragraph about the buttons. Can you send me please the file with another try to explain what is wrong ?

When I will fix the email bug I'll upload new file.

Thank you both for helping

Granot

Fred,

Thank you for the screenshot. Yes, when you open a project the 5 custom buttons appear again. The reason is that if you want to add buttons so you can do it. If not, just drag then out of window.

By the way, did one of you try to change background ?

I uploaded new file (AMW.exe) and email bug is fixed too. Now you can put your email (with mailto:) on custom or default buttons and program will check for file exist only on files.

Thank you again both and hope you'l find some more things needed to be fixed.

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

I emailed you a screen shot of what I was talking about regarding the extra buttons once you go back in to edit your menu. Let me know what you find out.

I found a couple of other things:

1) If the program.exe that I have linked to the button doesn't exist, I don't get any notification when I click on the button. It just doesn't do anything. I know you indicated that it was doing some type of check, but I don't see it.

2) It would be helpful to have some type of documentation on how to make your own logo (specifications, like recommended dimensions).

3) To help make this more marketable, you might want to consider giving the creator the ability to add a TITLE along with their contact information as a footer. I would add this as an option to what you already have. I personally would use the menu with the logo as you have created it (but I have the ability to create logo's). The contact information along the bottom would be something that I would use. I used one of your text lines to add this to the bottom of the menu, but the font is a little too large for this. Maybe this could be accomplished with the ability to change the font size for the text lines. This would help in the button area also.

4) Another marketing suggestion, is there a way to have the menu go full screen or have a black full screen background that the menu sets on top of? This would make it more pleasing to the eye and less distracting due to my desktop junk being in the background.?.?

5) When you OverWrite the Loaded Project, the only way to get it to be the active menu is to rename it to "Project.txt". You might consider an option that pops up to activate this as the default when someone uses the "Overwrite the Loaded Project" option.

6) If you pull in an old Project.txt file it pulls in the most recent Logo.jpg file, but the link is to the old Logo.jpg file that you had specified. This might be confusing for some. Although I doubt many would be changing this too often. If your program is used by someone to setup Slideshows for others, this might be an issue. You might want to put this on the enhancement list down the road (not a pressing issue for most).

I guess that's enough for now, I'll test again when you get the updates done. If you have any questions (I'm sure you might, since I'm not overly clear sometimes ;) ).

Thanks again for allowing us to provide input. This is a tool that I believe many would like to have available to them. Especially once the few bugs are worked out. Good work!!!!!

Fred

Guest Techman1

Granot,

I guess we were both typing at the same time. I did test the different background and that seems to work fine.

On the new buttons appearing when you edit your menu, I would prefer to have the question asked again if I want custom buttons like the program does initially. Having to move the buttons isn't a big deal, but I believe this would appear to be a bug of some type to new users. You would probably get a lot of questions regarding it.

I'll test the latest and greatest this afternoon. Will provide additional feedback then.

Gotta run!

Fred

Hi Fred,

Yes, if file is missing nothing happens. I assume maker will check all buttons before distributing so there is no need for any message. As for logo and title, notice again that you can change background image. That means you can make your image carying your title and logo if you want. Again I assume maker will put a normal size logo to fit the window (oops..i can't remember if the logo will be resized or keep its original size but I'm sure I made something logical). If logo can not be created so drag it out. As for contact information, what about email link which you can add to any small button image like small envelop ? Or do you mean something else ?

Changing font size is a very good idea. I think I will make few of the text objects to be smaller.

AMWfullscreen.exe will be added to "have a black full screen background that the menu sets on top of" - (see my reply to robert).

Fred, I didn't understand your No. 5. Can you please send me email with more details ?

No 6 is very important if I understand what you mean. You are right, there is a big problem here and I will check it.

Also your last suggestion about asking user if he wants the button is good one.

Thank you Fred, you gave me a lot of work now (no 6 !!!).

Granot