WnSoft Forums

Caption colour

tonycooper

Many thanks Dave. Going to your link tells me that

"Defaults Tab
This Tab is not available in the Essentials Edition."

That would seem to mean that I have to lash out another $50 and upgrade to the full version to be able to have black captions. Not worth it when there are already hundreds more options than I need, which after 2 days using I'm very impressed by. I can, striaghtforwardly and more flexibly, but less easily add in captions outside pte. Rgds, Tony

For Essentials Edition users ... its true you do not have the Defaults tab availability in Project Options.

However, you can still control the color of the Text Object individually within the O&A window of the text object Properties tab. (See attached image)

* or from the Online Help see :

http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/objects-and-animation/properties_tab

(about halfway down the page is the section For Text Objects.)

text_color.jpg

It is always difficult to answer queries when the Essentials versus Full Edition is not stated.

If you don't want to " lash out another $50 and upgrade to the full version" another suggestion would be to try the Styles Caption Menu to see if that would help you?

Slide Styles can be used in any Edition but only created in the Full Edition.

There are a variety of Built-In Caption Styles which "might" help. But be aware that applying a Style will wipe out any existing animation that you have created. If you start with an image or images that you have dragged into the Slide List you can apply one of the Caption Styles, edit the Text to your liking and then apply further animation.

If you had the Full Edition you could create a Style which included the required Caption plus any Global Animation and apply that to single or Multiple Slides. That way you could automate the creation of a show of (for example) hundreds of Slides in seconds.

The example shows the result of a simple style which adds the Image Name as a Caption and reduces the Image to 80% automatically for Single or Multiple Slides. Using a Style allows you to be selective about which Slides have the Captions and which Slides do not.

Caption and 80.ptestyle

Untitled-1.jpg

Any of the following could be added as Captions Automatically by using a "User Created" Custom Style on Single or Multiple Slides in the Full Edition.

Untitled-2.jpg