WnSoft Forums

Fading music when saving as AVI

Lou

Hi all.  I haven't used PTE for about 10 years, but have recently got it back up & running.   I'm currently trying to put a few slides together & have some music fading in & out at the beginning & end.  When I click on preview it does it as I'm wanting, but when I save as an AVI the fade doesn't happen.  I've tried searching most of the evening to see if I could find a solution, but haven't come up with anything yet, so thought I'd ask.  
I'm using PTE Deluxe 7.5.10, but it also says deluxe features not available (with an option to upgrade).  

Thank you in advance,
Lou x

Hi Lou,

The current Deluxe version of PTE has a waveform audio envelope which lets you manipulate the audio track or tracks with complete control over start time (into the audio track itself) offset (when on the timeline it actually begins in relation to the show), volume range including complete cut-off of audio, etc. The Deluxe version also lets you control the audio of any video clip by first muting the video sound then converting the video sound to an mp3 and manipulating it as if it were an external audio track.

Before this was all available, about the only way to control your audio track was to use an external audio editor such as Audacity to make the changes as desired at the precise time in correlation with your images then load that audio in synchronization with the image track.

I'm not certain why your PTE file if the Deluxe version of 7.5 is telling you that deluxe features are not available except that apparently the software "thinks" you are not running the deluxe version. Did you reinstall or uninstall and reinstall recently and are you using the same unlock key that you used when you purchased the Deluxe version? 

Probably an email to Igor would be helpful because normally your AVI created should have the same audio as the preview... perhaps when Igor reads this he can help determine where the problem lies...

Best regards,

Lin 

Thank you very much for your reply.  
This is what I was sent when I was trying to get started again (I'd lost my key)...
Your current license gives you the following options:
- you can install PicturesToExe 7.5 (or any previous version) and use it in basic mode for free
- you can purchase Upgrade to use PicturesToExe 8 ($34)
 I wonder if this means I don't have the deluxe version & need to pay to upgrade (which is fine if I need to for what I want...I'm just getting to grips with what is and isn't possible atm, but it threw me that it was working on the preview but not on the exported file).
Does that $34 mean just to get PTE8 though, or a deluxe version?   

If just using the basic mode (does that mean not deluxe?), it was still the deluxe version I was using to make it as that was what I was told to download?  
Oh dear...I'm so confused! I'm getting the impression I'm just on a version that doesn't support the facility...just not sure why it showed me the preview & which I'd need to upgrade to to be able to use it? 

Thanks again,

Lou x

Hi Lou,

Let's wait for Igor to answer - he's in the midst of heavy beta development on verision 9 so it may take a while. I'm unsure why your preview and your AVI should be any different. It does appear that you are using the basic version.

Perhaps you could instead try creating an MP4 h.264 version and see if it is any different? 

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lou,

If you could zip up your project and give me a link, I will try to sort it out and see what might be causing the problem. If you don't have a server or website you could use dropbox or mediafire or one of the services to upload the zipped project.

Best regards,

Lin