WnSoft Forums

trying to convert .mp4 video from SD card

peterf300@yahoo.com

Hello,

Real frustrated right now, thankful for that , lol. I've had pte for a year and never had this  issue. I am working on a project trying to convert videos that are a few minutes each. The status on the video converter shows like .1% done, after 10 min, then finally says error. Nothing seems to help, any suggestions what the issue can be?

Thanks, have a nice Thanksgiving.

What is file type of your video? (extension)

PTE converter does not accept all file types.

Besides, what is the Codec of your file?

Use 'Media Info' software to know all about your file, snapshot and send us to better help you.

• 5 months later...

Your computer may miss the video code, install the latest K-lite code pack should fix your problem. Or you can switch to another converting tool, there are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.

Hi Peter,

First, I would copy the mp4 files from the SD card to a folder on the hard drive. There may not be sufficient room on the SD card to perform all necessary functions. If that doesn't solve the problem maybe you could post a link to one of the files, perhaps some of us can test it and see what errors we find.

Best regards,

Lin