WnSoft Forums

Slow Loading in V9

jevans

I do not think this is a fault, but I have just completed a first project in Version 9.04 and note that one of the images which contains a number of objects and masks, seems to have a noticeable delay in loading into the O&A window.  I have also had an error message on this image stating that it could not find one of the files, although the file was still in its original place and, when running the project, displayed correctly.  The error did not repeat. Maybe it is just a function of the number of elements in the slide.  A BIZ is attached.

Staithes_Test_Mar12-2017_18-22-11.zip

Hi Jeff,

There is a certain hesitancy when loading the first slide into O&A, but I am not surprised given the size of the PNG File (23Mb).

Does it need to be the Full Resolution??

It looks like you created the PNG from the original before resizing.

BTW the Text is Jumbled on my screen - overlayed.

DG

Dave,

It is a font problem I think. You may not have the fonts I used on your computer. Not sure whether there is a solution to this except:

a. Just use standard fonts

b. Include the fonts in a zip file

c. Make the text in PS and raterize it

Seems it may be quite a limitation. Think there was a posting about this during the beta phase.

Which Font did you use? [EDIT] - I can see that the Fonts that you used are still indicated in O&A but I do not have them installed - so alternatives are used. This is only a problem in a BIZ or a Template. In the EXE the original fonts are rasterized and the problem is solved.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.9b42834f89c9700e75721f695f1dbe3c.jpg

Dave,

Yes it runs OK when published as an EXE.  The fonts I used were "Adobe Casion Pro Bold" and "Algerian".  Problem sorted now re slow loading.  Yes it was the file size.

I noticed, that your png image (with transparent area) has ProPhoto color profile embedded while jpg image has sRGB color profile. Although PTE 9 takes care of that and displays both images correctly, it is a bit of waste of smooth tonal transitions having ProPhoto colors in 8-bit images. Especially if your image colors do not even touch the boundaries of sRGB space. See the attached image - dots are colors from your (sRGB) image and wireframe is sRGB color space. For such images sRGB is of better use.

Staithes colors.jpg

Thanks Urmas,

I was rather careless when I made the png file. Firstly I forgot to reduce the size and secondly forgot to convert to sRGB. Actually now with V9, I set the colour management in all my projects to select the monitor profile, since all my shows are via a laptop and calibrated projector.

Out of interest, what process do you use to produce the colour space diagram. I think this would be useful to use sometimes.

47 minutes ago, jevans said:

Out of interest, what process do you use to produce the colour space diagram. I think this would be useful to use sometimes.

I use Chromix ColorThinkPro. As an alternative, there is a software named Gamutvision.

And then there is simple online 3D gamut viewer. You can upload your image and server computes the graph for free.