WnSoft Forums

[Solved] Run Slideshow on Exit-Version Mismatch error

goddi

Greetings,

I am having to split a larger sized slideshow into two parts so it can be uploaded to the Slideshowclub site. So I have been experimenting on using the 'Run Slideshow' to see if I can Run two of my slideshows back-to-back that I have already created.

Both shows were created in 9.0.8. I selected the 'Run slideshow' in the first slideshow and browsed to the location of the second exe show and selected it.

However, when it gets to the end of the first slideshow, I get '...Version Mismatch...'. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Second question: If this does eventually works, do I just upload both exe slideshow parts to the Slideshowclub?

Gary

It might work if the person downloading the two shows saves them both to the same folder.

Also, when you are creating the link exclude the path and just enter the "FILE.EXE" name.

You could prove it by creating a folder and trying all possibilities out before uploading.

DG

33 minutes ago, davegee said:

It might work if the person downloading the two shows saves them both to the same folder.

Also, when you are creating the link exclude the path and just enter the "FILE.EXE" name.

You could prove it by creating a folder and trying all possibilities out before uploading.

DG

Dave,

I changed the link to exclude the path and just entered the 'File.exe'. That did not work. Got 'File not found'.

I copied the second show into the folder of the first show (with path excluded). That did not work. Got 'File not found'.

Bug???

Gary

Gary,

I also tested the Run Slideshow option ... both slideshows linked and worked correctly with no issues.. I never use file path strings in the entries, just the file name

*Both slideshow(s) EXE must be in the same relative location. (or the same folder)

Greetings,

I don't know what is going wrong. I tried it again, no luck. I now get '...Version Mismatch...' again. I know both are saved as V9.0.8.

If both are in the same folder, I can understand you don't need a full path, only the filename.

But it should work with a path if the second show is in some other folder. If not, Igor need to change it. If you 'browse' to a location, it would automatically put  in the full path, right?

Also I see you have the second show in quotes. I tried with the second show in the same folder with and without the quotes. No luck. Why do you need the quotes if the second show is in the same folder?

Can't get it to work... Gary

Run Slideshow.jpg

Run Slideshow Files.jpg

Greetings....

All of a sudden, it is working. Don't know what I did differently.

But it works with the full path if the second show is in another folder. And it works if the second show is in the same folder as the first show, and must be in quotes.

With no quotes, it does not work. I really don't know what the difference was. I thought I had saved both shows in V9.0.8. Maybe....the second show was in V9.0.7. I kept resaving the second show in V9.0.8, but maybe I screwed it up. But now it is working. Thanks all for the help.

Gary

Gary,

Why do you need the quotes if the second show is in the same folder?

Your FileName and/or FilePath had spaces between the names .... such as your file named Zafferana Etnea.exe has a open space.

The "quotes" are a Windows thing thats been around for a long, long time. The "quotes" enable Windows to read past open spaces in FilePaths and FileNames ... otherwise Windows will stop reading the FileString when it happens upon a open file space, giving you a file not found you received.

* You can getaway without  "quotes" if your Zafferana Etnea.exe (with spaces) was named Zafferana_Etnea.exe (which the underscore resolves the space issue)

* PTE always looks for relative file locations if it cannot find the absolute FilePath. This is  true for EXE execution and  for PTE project resource files ( this is why  project backup zip works even though the PTE file has original FilePaths)

* You best option when creating your Run Slideshow  projects is just to use FileNames only with no FilePath string. This way when you send out the group of EXE(s) to other users PC or DVD Disc etc ... they can run the shows as long as  they remain relative to each other ( other PC users wont  have the same FilePaths as your PC when they individually  unzip them.)

* PTE does insert the "quotes" automatically no matter the open space or not ... its good practice to keep them in place if you start editing the FileString. Adding Paramerters to FileStrings is a different story when dealing with "quotes"