WnSoft Forums

Adobe Photography CC Package

davegee

Announced today:

Subscription Plans

Adobe's CC Photography Plan isn't losing any features. In fact, it's gaining 20 GB of cloud storage as well as Lightroom CC alongside the Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC updates. A new CC Photography Plan with 1 TB increases the price to $19.99 per month, up from $9.99 per month for the standard plan. Existing users get a $5 per month discount for the first year. A new Lightroom CC plan gives the standalone cross-platform system to users with 1 TB of storage and the same Adobe Spark with premium features and Adobe Portfolio products for $9.99 per month. A purely mobile Lightroom Mobile Plan for iOS and Android is also available with 100 GB of storage for $4.99 per month. Additional data amounts are available, although at currently undisclosed prices and capacities.

Of course, the standard 1 TB upgraded capacities are enough for most people's needs. But pending pricing on multiple terabytes of data, it could be unrealistic for professional photographers to rely on Lightroom CC alone to hold their data or even to upload all of it to begin with. And because Lightroom CC uploads every image to the cloud (there's a way to ensure an image is or is not downloaded locally, but no way to stop an image from being uploaded if it's imported into CC), it's unclear if this would be something manageable or if there's another solution or workaround aside from continuing to use Lightroom Classic CC as the main image management and editing workhorse.

https://fstoppers.com/apps/adobe-announces-lightroom-classic-cc-lightroom-cc-photoshop-cc-updates-and-more-200026?utm_source=Fstoppers&utm_medium=Push&utm_campaign=article_added

DG

Judy, please explain.

The addition to your £10 pm package is the newly named "Lightroom CC". To use that you must go "all-cloud" for images processed in that option.......

If will be interesting to hear of user's experiences after a few weeks. I have never used LR so the changes will not have much impact on me. I look forward to some of the changes in PS.

DG

The new LIghtroom CC is entirely cloud-based for original files.   Lightroom Classic retains file-based original file storage on your local drive.

Package 1 is basically LR Classic (local file-based) + Lightroom CC (cloud-based) + Photoshop CC + 20 GB cloud storage.

Package 2 is Lightroom CC (Cloud-based) + 1 TB of cloud space.

Same price either way.  Storage and package variations can be added for more money.  Some people will love all clouds based, but, only if you have consistent internet on all required devices.  Being cloud-based, your full RAW file is available on any device. Nice. 

I was not sure what you meant.

In order to take full advantage of LR CC across multiple devices you must go to the cloud. That will work OK if you stay within the 20Gb limit of the Photography Package. Some users are expressing doubts about the viability of this approach because of their Broadband speed/limitations, especially when away from home.

When away from home for any length of time I would take my laptop loaded with PS CC 2018, NX-D and NIK filters. Cloud free.

Different people have different requirements and will choose what is best for them.

DG

Dave, 

I have updated to Lightroom Classic and Photoshop CC 2018. I have no interest in the cloud based version Lightroom CC. As I understand it, the cloud based version is compatible with IOs, Android and Windows devices so that it is virtually device independent, hence storing files in the Cloud. No idea why I would want to edit imsges on a tablet but presumably there is a demand for this. All my files are on external usb drives these days and, like you, I take my laptop and drives with me when I travel. 

Both LR Classic and PS CC seem faster eith the new versions.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have no interest in LR but I understand why others use it.

I have tried the Range Masking in ACR and I am suitably impressed. Being able to use this technique on the RAW file has its advantages but NIK Vivesa is still a contender.

I also like the Variable Fonts. It would be nice if Igor could introduce something similar.

DG