WnSoft Forums

No sound in .avi file

LumenLux

Guest Techman1

Catrick,

What type of audio/music files are you using in this slideshow? Are they all MP3's? If not, please try some MP3's in place of those and see if you get the sound back in your AVI file. If they are already MP3's, try putting in a different MP3 and see if this resolves the issue.

The steps you are following appear to be correct and should work fine. It seems that several people have had problems with their audio files, but I haven't seen this particular problem.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck!

Fred

Hi

I recently received a DVD of PTE sequences from a friend and when I played it, all the pictures, dissolves etc worked but no sound. :(

I was disappointed as I thought I'd miss all the music. I played around with settings on my DVD recorder and just before giving up, I opened the player reinstalled the DVD and BINGO !

Perfect sound and pictures! :D

Have you thought about testing the CD or DVD on another player or just check out the settings etc.

Just a thought - hope it works. :)

Best wishes

Maureen

Okay, I open up PTE and find my .pte file. When I press "Preview" I get full screen viewing of the .pte with sound. All the music I am using are MP3's. When I create the .exe file, the slide show works just fine including the music. It is only when I create the .avi file and try to open the .avi file in either Roxio or Ulead and I press "Preview" in Roxio or Ulead that I have no music attached to the .avi.

When I press "Preview" I get full screen viewing of the .pte with sound.  

Still trying to help here - The preview I am asking about is NOT the full screen preview you seem to be refering to. On the PTE main screen, when you select "Video", the "Making of AVI video" screen opens. On this screen you have the choice to "Create AVI" or "Preview". This is the preview of the avi file that I am asking about. Does this AVI preview work with sound and if so, what video player is it using on your machine?

I appreciate all the help. I tried to burn one in Ulead last night. Video no sound. Wouldn't burn in Roxio at all. Got an error.

Did as you asked and "previewed" in the same window as "create avi". Again video with no sound. Default player was Windows media player. I am running Win98 SE on this computer.

Did as you asked and "previewed" in the same window as "create avi".  Again video with no sound.  Default player was Windows media player.  I am running Win98 SE on this computer.

I think the above info will make it "easy" for Igor to know what is going on. We just need to get his attention and of course he is very busy on the improvements coming in the next Beta.

To me, the fact that you get no sound in the PTE AVI window, means the problem is not with Ulead or Roxio or any other burner program. Also the problem seems to be before the point where you must leave PTE open for the sound to be present. :angry: Wish I knew more. My DVD efforts are all XP, so maybe someone using Win98 SE can suggest some direction.

I was going through the manual in the Help section and I came across this item. I do not have this at all anywhere in my program.

3. <Music> tab

Background music for presentation. Supported formats: .WAV, .MP3, .WMA, .MID, .KAR, .RMI.

1. Use <Add> button to include music files to your presentation;

2. Click <Remove> button to remove selected music file from playlist;

3. Click <Clear> button to clear playlist;

4. <Random order of playing> option: if checked, music files will be played in random order;

<Use internal mp3 player> option: We recommend to Disable this option, i.e. use external player.>

I was going through the manual in the Help section and I came across this item. I do not have this at all anywhere in my program.

3. <Music> tab

Background music for presentation. Supported formats: .WAV, .MP3, .WMA, .MID, .KAR, .RMI.

1. Use <Add> button to include music files to your presentation;

2. Click <Remove> button to remove selected music file from playlist;

3. Click <Clear> button to clear playlist;

4. <Random order of playing> option: if checked, music files will be played in random order;

Are you using PTE Version 4.20? If so, you will find all of the above in PTE main screen/project options/ music (tab).

<Use internal mp3 player> option: We recommend to Disable this option, i.e. use external player.>

I think much of the help file has not been updated yet. I think the external vs. internal player is no longer relevant.

All right Catrick - I think I have figured out what is happening !?!

If you are doing the following:

PTE mainscree/Customize slide/music tab/and checking play new background music file(s)

Then the PTE Preview (main screen) and the created .exe file will both run fine and play the music. BUT using the above method to call the music results in NO music when you make the avi or use the AVI preview!

Try this: remove any music references you have made in the "customize slide" screens. Then, use PTE main screen/project options/ music (tab)/check the Play background music box/add (music file here.) Now when you run the AVI Preview you should have your sound and finally also on your DVD or SVCD.

Now, is that a "bug", I don't know. But it seems to be a "trap" in your case. ;)

I really hope this solves it for you, please let us know.