WnSoft Forums

nickles Grandkids

LumenLux

What can I say - just "good clean fun." Appreciated the sentiment in your read-me file too. I will say though that with digital cameras there likely will be so many photos left to our kids and grandkids that many will never be seen again! Assembling selected snapshots into PTE shows is a very good way to increase the likelyhood that at least some pix will be seen over and over again. I often will do a quick theme based show - a birthday or camp trip or whatever on one or two of the grandies. It is a fun thing for the kids to then want to watch the 3-minute shows each time they visit. Sort of makes the old photographer feel good - if you know what I mean.

Your music points out a good place to use vocals for a change. There are often songs the kids already identify with or it is a chance to push some "olden days" color on them. ;) Finally, watching your show gave me some more ideas. That is one of the real benefits of sharing even the most mundane presentations. Thanks Ken.

LumenLux:

Thank you for your comments. I love kids because they are so innocent and seem to get enjoyment from simple things. They are also much more photogenic than adults. It's ashame they must grow up.

I hesitated posting this slideshow...who wants to be bored with someone else's family photos...but what the heck...it's my favourite slideshow.

thanks again,

ken

:D

seem to get enjoyment from simple things.  

I was recently in the mountains with a couple of our grandkids. It is always a time of many action candids. He was throwing rocks in the river. I was doing the same and taking photos of him. Suddenly he whirled around and splashed as much as he could on me and camera. His move startled me, but fortunately my instinct was to push the shutter button. The result was a great shot of mid air water and his mischievous but satisfied smile. And, now I have a 12x18 birthday present for him next week. :D

But I really knew the whole outing was a success when one of the kids excitedly exclaimed he\she had found "the perfect stick." I love it when the kids create simple fun. Beats computer games. "The Perfect Stick" may be the title of my next pte short.

Very nice presentation! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Everything was just perfect ... the photos, backgrounds, arrangements of pictures, music, transitions. I just loved everything! And that was definitely the best version of Music Box Dancer that I have ever heard and I thought I had heard them all. Thanks for listing the artists in the credits!

And thanks for posting this show! :)

Carol