WnSoft Forums

Projector question

Dusty

Last night I did a public slide show presentation and they requested it be with a projector. I borrowed one and was completely impressed with it! The model I borrowed was a few years old and I know there are many on the market today. I hate to borrow, so would like to purchase one of my own. Forgive me, but I'm starting my quest here to get suggestions on what to look for. Is it possible to get a good one that is self contained and doesn't need a laptop to connect to?

Thank you,

~Cindy

well Cindy to run the exe you need a computer -- so your quest will be to find a projector with a computer

your next thing to look at is, burn the show to dvd and check with your friendly electronics store and ask if they have a projector that you can connect a home type dvd player to

that is likely the simplest thing

ken

Cindy

If you are resident in the UK, take a look in my website at the specification for the Royale Projection System. As regards elsewhere I am not aware of the manufacturer's trading policy.

Ron [uK]

I think, Cindy, that some while ago Ron Davies sent you a copy of the magazine I edit - AV WORLD. On the inside front cover you will see a system which is capable of doing what you want. No connecting wires other than the mains lead.

You could get more details from CBAV@fish.co.uk.

I use a digital Royale regularly for such Shows and indeed one was used to present a Sequence of yours which you sent to the Geoffrey Round International in March and subsequently at the gala event in Harrogate.

Thank you for the replies!

Hi Peter! Yes, that does seem to be what I am looking for. I sent an e-mail requesting any further info and also asked if they sell outside of the UK.

Ken, I would prefer to use the exe file because the quality is at it's best. I do, however, burn shows to DVD for clients to keep.

Peter and Ron, is the projected resolution on the Royale as good as on a computer's monitor? I loved how sharp this unit I borrowed was. Although it did blow some hilights which I wasn't too happy with.

Loweskid, I looked at that unit by Sony and it doesn't appear to accept Compact Flash cards or CD's. Thanks anyway.

~Cindy

Cindy

For my personal presentations I project with the Royale on to a 6 foot screen and am more than satisfied with the quality of the resolution. This equally applied when projecting on to 15 foot screens at local AV Days and Competitions. I first saw the prototype in use at the 2001 Nationals and was so impressed that I purchased one of the first five production models. The Royale has been the chosen unit for digital projection at other major events since, including the RPS International Festival.

Ron [uK]