WnSoft Forums

pictures to exe. on an Imac?

visage

Hey folks, nobody has ever heard about Connectix Virtual PC?!

"delivers true PC compatibility by enabling your Mac to run Windows® applications...

Virtual PC provides you with the functionality and compatibility of a Pentium® PC through sophisticated software emulation of the standard Intel® chip set and other hardware components. It's like putting a powerful PC inside your Mac. You can run your Windows or DOS software - including business, education, Internet and home applications - just as you would on a PC".

(see http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html)

Guido,

Have you tried it? I doubt that, given the intensity of the processor activity necessary just to emulate a pc, that there would be any power left to handle the fine dissolves we in the pc world have become accustomed to. :lol:

Ciao,

Al

No, Al, I don't use Mac machines. But according to producer's declared features, I think a Virtual PC v6 on an I-Mac (G4 processor, at least 256 MB Ram, OS X v10.2.3 Jaguar) should be powerful enough. But this is only my personal opinion...

I wish to have a confirmation by some Mac user.

Brian, I was hoping that you would have tried out your son's friend's imac . My wife is wanting me to do a show and presentation for her work next week and was hoping to be able to run and test it on her ibook instead of chasing down and borrowing a pc laptop. If you did test out virtualpc, I would be interested in hearing the results.

Scotty

• 2 weeks later...

To whom it might concern,

I recently got ahold of a copy of vitualpc ver 4 and loaded it on an Ibook. The Ibook had in computer 128 and an added 256 of memory. It's processor was a g3 600mhz. The computer ran the show but seemed to suffer from the slower processor problems as do pc's. A larger ram card was even tried but did not make any difference. The only problem was that the 'fades' got that notchy layer thing happening and that the other effects were a bit jerky as well. There were no problems with the music or sound sychronization. With no transitions selected, it ran the smoothest. I was told that a more recent version of virtualpc would run more smoothly. From my experience running shows on other pc's and the threads in this forum I still think it is a processing speed thing.

Thanks for the information Scotty.

I have sent a P2E slideshow to a customer who requested a copy

to run on his imac, which is running windows (emulator?)

I don't know the full specs of his machine but I have

requested some feedback and I will post the results shortly (I hope)

Cheers

Alan

;) Sorry for the long delay..... my son went back to school, his friend no longer has a phone number, and this has become the most frustrating "experiment".... that should have been so simple! (But I just helped my son, long distance, troubleshoot his music equipment (connected to his PC) so he owes me one!).... I haven't forgotten this question, though by now Alan's immediate need for an answer is long past. (Sorry Alan!)

Brian

I'm very interested in this information as well. I would like to create slideshows that folks on Macs can enjoy. I've even looked at LiveSlideshow which creates Quicktime slideshows, but the interface is so clunky compared to PicturesToExe. I wish there were a way to create Quicktime movies from PicturesToExe; that would be perfect. It would be nice to have a solution which doesn't require the viewer to have virtualpc, but if I know that works well, I could at least recommend it.