WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #14

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #14 is released (Release Candidate).

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.4 Mb)

What's new in v4.30 beta #14:

+ Small improvements.

p.s. this beta improves desktop appearance in the Preview mode (with "Show transition effect to desktop after last slide" option).

But icons on the desktop still can updates (blink for a moment) when slide-show is closing. I can't improve this moment more, because so Windows works. Currently I know only one another way but suitable for Windows 2000/XP only (with some restrictions).

this beta improves desktop appearance in the Preview mode (with "Show transition effect to desktop after last slide" option).

Exactly ! It works better now.

But icons on the desktop still can updates (blink for a moment) when slide-show is closing

It was almost sure !

Thanks for your answer and your explanations.

I tried a quick test of fade to desktop with Beta 10 as I had not noticed the 'glitch' since Beta 6 (I think). It was there but less noticeable, possibly as the delay after the finish of the final transition is a little longer. With Beta 14 it is almost immediate with Beta 10 there is (on my machine, W2k, dual 1Gig processor, half Gig RAM) almost a second delay.

Preview is fine.

Nearly there Igor

Guest Techman1

Igor,

I'm testing it, but mine says "Beta 13" - maybe it's becuase this is a Ghost Machine that I'm running on. Just kidding, it seems to work exceptionally well. You and the team have really outdone yourselves on this release.

I am totally pleased with all of these excellent enhancements to this program. PTE rules still.

Thanks again!

Fred

Igor,

Beta 14 looks reasonable to me, even though there is a slight blink when transitioning to the desktop at the end.

If you can, before you officially release, if the change is minor enough, could you make PTE "remember" whether the waveform was last shown on the timeline screen, and the next time that screen is shown for the already open show, redisplay it the same way it was last shown?

Harold

Harold, I like this improvement, too, but it requires to add various code and test it. There are many moments (if same music file was modified, etc). I wouldn't add this function before final release.

Got you, Igor. It makes sense to wait... but please do put it on a list for next time!

Good luck!

Harold

Igor,

I've just applied the new beta to the slide show I'm working on, and so far everything works fine. Looks like a go! I sure love the new light-table! :)

Harold, I like this improvement, too, but it requires to add various code and test it. There are many moments (if same music file was modified, etc). I wouldn't add this function before final release.

Got you, Igor. It makes sense to wait... but please do put it on a list for next time!

Good luck!

Harold

Igor,

I have experienced the opposite problem - when I am working on a show and break away to modify a wave file, then import it into PTE, when I re-open the timeline, the new music plays, but the old wave-form shows still, even if I close the waveform and re-open it.

The only way to install the new waveform is to save and close the slide show and then re-open it.

It would be nice if PTE remembered the waveform one was using, but if a new music is added, clears out the old waveform and assembles the new one. Something to keep in mind for the next version. :)

Igor,

Note this thread:

Run Sequential Slideshows

This might be a nice feature for a future version of PTE.

Just a suggestion.

Keep up the very excellent work!!!

Thanks,

ken

:D