WnSoft Forums

Announcement

Igor

I'm sorry about some cases with AVI video output when it doesn't work!

We plan to vastly rework AVI video output function soon to prevent any potential problems. It will be done in a month or two.

I still couldn't reproduce any bugs with Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 and 3 on various PCs and this reason why it's not fixed yet. But we'll carefully check up all code and try fix these problems.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

While I applaud your plan to rework the video segment of PTE, from what I've experienced with numerous PC's and Hardware is that PTE does work. It just doesn't always work with every piece of software and hardware out there. While this is inconvenient and frustrating, it is also very fixable. PTE has proven that it can create video files if everyone reads the forum and learns how to do it. Many of us, have spent a lot of time learning the program and working through the few issues to be able to create video files. I personally am very happy with PTE's ability to create DVD's and continue to use Ulead Movie Factory 2 successfully (and other video editors too).

IMO, one of the problems that continues to be experienced by new PTE clients and clients new to video is that they try to use Ulead's Movie Factory 3 "Trial version" and it's been stated here numerous times that it doesn't create DVD files from the "trial version". I haven't experienced this personally, but it has been brought up here time and time again. I don't know if you will be able to solve this issue for your clients.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your implementing the video portion to PTE and just recently the light table. The enhancements to PTE this year alone have been fabulous and I am truly grateful to your team for this.

Keep up the great work! Thank you again for all you do for us.

Fred

ROXIO 7 SUITE, NERO 6 SUITE & WINDVD 5 PLATINUM work fine with the P2E created avi. ULead 2 full also worked on my other system.

i prefer Nero and WinDvd for the user interface

I am basically making everything to dvd now -- the exe is just a necessary step along the way.

ken

Guest Techman1

Hey Ken,

I just created a Slideshow that has six PTE segments that were saved as AVI files and brought into Adobe Premiere 6. I didn't save the PTE slideshows as EXE first, only as AVI files under the video section.

This all worked perfectly. This was the slideshow that I was working on looking for the curtains opening. I decided to just use Premiere's curtain transition on some red curtains and it looks just like curtains opening. I got this idea from one of the sites that you had mentioned (thanks again).

Just thought I'd let you know that you don't have to create the EXE's first (or maybe that's not what you are implying here).

Anyway, thanks for your help previously on this latest show.

Fred

Guest Techman1

Ken,

No, not at all. I wasn't planning on taking this particular slideshow to PC (only DVD). As a result, I didn't create an executable - only the AVI file. In this case, I created an AVI as I was bringing it into Premiere to make all the slideshows seem seamless later in the DVD (only 1 Title show and not several).

Take care,

Fred

Igor,

While I applaud your plan to rework the video segment of PTE, from what I've experienced with numerous PC's and Hardware is that PTE does work. ...

IMO, one of the problems that continues to be experienced by new PTE clients and clients new to video is that they try to use Ulead's Movie Factory 3 "Trial version" and it's been stated here numerous times that it doesn't create DVD files from the "trial version".  I haven't experienced this personally, but it has been brought up here time and time again.  I don't know if you will be able to solve this issue for your clients.

:blink:

I find it odd the Ulead V3 would not support DVD functionality when the Burn DVD option is available on the ".ptev" file created as an AVI. Especially since a .ptev named file is for the sole purpose of a PicturesToExe Video file.

I do agree with you that Igor's program is performing as it should. I somewhat agree with you that Ulead V3 trial may be the culprit but I am not yet convinced of that.

Is there anyone out there who has been able to burn a successful DVD utiizing trial version 3 of Uleads moviemaker? IF so, please drop a note here in response.

In the meantime, after reading many of the postings on this forum, I am off to find NERO and hope he becomes my HERO to this dilemma.

thank you all for your support and I shall keep on trying. Will keep you posted of my endeavors.

:blink:

NERO is my HERO

NERO gave me a Power Calibration Error which clued me into the fact that my medium which came with my DVD burner may be at fault. I switched to "MEMOREX +RW DVD discs and everything worked great!!!!!

Now for the big question. Would it still work if I was using Ulead V3 Trial software. Stay tuned. Tomorrow I will be trying that out.

until then,

take care,

Wayne

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:o:D

Oh my GOSH..... Ulead V3 Trial is a fully functional trial program and YES the burn feature does indeed work ......

I just love it when everything which should work together actually begins to work together.....

Once again.....Ulead V3 Trial software downloaded....works for burning the DVD...

My only advise is that once you find a medium that works in your DVD...Stickwith it...For now I will stick with the Memorex DVD+RW discs which work for me

:o:D