WnSoft Forums

Output format for Video Conferencing e.g. Zoom

kenscott7

Hi
With meetings on hold, I am being asked frequently to present to groups, camera clubs mainly, via a 'live' video conference link using e.g. Zoom or Webex. 

My question: has anyone else tried the various output formats with video conferencing?  Which works best?  I have tested showing a compiled .exe sequence with music, and sound is fine but slow transitions appear very jumpy at the audience end.

Most of my productions use manual input via a presenter device to advance the images, with occasional self-running segments. I am experimenting with both recorded narrative and live voiceover.  I'd like to keep manual control as an option for live presenting so compressed video is not ideal. 

Any thoughts welcome.

best regards
... Ken

Hi Ken,

Visual quality depends on a program used for a video conference. But usually this quality is quite poor.

I recently used Zoom to show my desktop and then I launched a video file on fullscreen. 

Try different apps, probably Google Meet may give better quality.1

Anyway, 1080 at 60p is hardly reachable.

Thanks for your reply Igor.  Zoom does have a control for optimising video, which improves things a little but it doesn't deal well with long or complex transitions.  Webex is better at some things but not video quality.  I shall continue to explore.

... Ken