WnSoft Forums

MANUAL SLIDE SHOW

Conflow

MANUAL SLIDE SHOW for LECTURER'S

This Show Format is suitable for those who wish to give an "Old Style" Slide Show with click advance and reverse of Slides.

The features are:-

* Startup Window with printed 'Operating Instructions'. (Anyone can use it)

* Individual selection and 'Static Display' of each Slides.

* Individual Slides with own Voice commentary or Music.

* RH.Mouse advance to Next Slide.

* LH.Mouse return to Last Slide.

* RH.Arrow Key = Fast Forward of Slides.

* LH.Arrow Key = Fast Reverse of Slides.

* Exit from any Slide

* Print any Slide.

* REMOTE CONTROL of Slide Show with IR.Optical Mouse. (Walk around-No Wires)

If there is enough interest I can submit the 'Set-Up Instructions' to the Forum.

I also have a 'Demo Exe' if some one would like to Host it on their Web Page.

Alternatively I can EMail a 'set-up' sheet to you.

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Brian,

It sounds interesting and I'm sure the procedure would be useful for those people looking for such a set of controls for lecture-type tutorial shows. How large is the demo file? Maybe you can get Bill (Cottage) to host it on Beechbrook. I would be interested in an email version of the procedure.

Guest Techman1

Brian,

This has come up several times with members asking for help in this area. If you have documented it, I believe it would definitely be worth while to have posted here. As Al pointed out, maybe it can be placed on Beechbrook as a tutorial.

Thanks and please let us know if this gets posted.

Fred

Brian, I think it would be very nice of you, if you would post a zip file on Beechbrook which could contain your "Setup instructions, the Template of your setup, and the short demo exe file. I'm quite certain Beechbrook Bill (Cottage) would welcome it on his site. If for some reason that would not work, I could store it on my site, at least for a while, for interested parties to download.

To:- Al, Ron, Fred, Lumenlux,

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the interest in the 'Manual PTE Show' - Here are the Demo details:-

a) The Demo Exe is quite small - 1.31mB

B) There are 8 Slides + 8 Voice-overs + Start Window (inc Instructions) - no effects.

c) Each Slide has 2 on-screen controls. Print & Exit.

d) It comes 'Pre-Packed' with its own 'Installer' and 'Uninstaller' and Folder maker.

e) The 'Package' can be burnt to CD and can also 'Install' direct from a CD.

f) It generates its own 'Desktop Icon' and 'Start-Menu Icon' + Web Link.

g) It has it's own 'Eula' which may be changed on demand.

h) The 'Package' is 2mB down the pipe - although the 'Show' is only 1.30mB on the PC.

Currently I am finishing off the 'Build Instruction Sheet' - In the meanwhile I can send

the Demo Show to you, just confirm your interest.

ON THIS ITEM

Would it not be a great idea if we could come up with a special 'Standard Build Sheet'

in 'screen capture format' available some where on this "Invision Board" where we could

simply show 'Pte Users' (New & Old alike) how to go about a particular "Show Build" ?

It would show the 'Main PTE Screen' and the successive 'Tab Screens' - You would simply

press the Buttons (or mark them) where the appropriate 'Set-up' demands are required.

The "new user" would 'Screen Capture' and Save these screens and simply follow the A/V

images previously set by the 'Show Designer'. It must be possible to do this ????

Brian.Conflow.

Brian

I confirm my interest in your Demo Show. My e-mail address is in my profile.

Ron [uK]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm the newest member apparently!

has there been any progress on this topic -it really is what I've been looking for. I have been following the posts on this but I seem to have reached the end and not found any instructions. Can anyone mail them to me?

regards

Carlton

I have been using Manual Slide Show since the beginning of the month and have it set up as a Template on PTE. When I first received it from Brian as one of the trialists I wrote this to him:

"I have produced successfully a trial project of a dozen images using your Manual Show utility. I can envisage a number of uses for it. As an example, in Camera Club print competitions these days more and more use is made of digital printing. It might be possible for members to supply copies of their original files for projection later in perhaps a review of past years work. Another use is the output from a digital camera and being able to view results full screen with a simple loading. And as an extension to that simple full screen viewing prior to selection for an AV Show."

Ron [uK]

Brian, thanks for trying to forward the info re manual slide show , I hadn't realised hotmail was so unreliable, I have given my proper email address and amended my profile details - am unsure how to get my email address to show at the end of a post.

Please can you try to send it again.

many thanks

Carlton

Carleton,

Welcome to the Forum!

A button for your email address is already shown at the bottom of each post. Unless you have checked "Hide my email address" under "MyControls / Email settings", someone can send you an email by clicking on this button. You could send Brian an email in this fashion in order to make sure he reads your message.