WnSoft Forums

Sketches of Scotland

d67

A very, very, very good slideshow. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The photos, the choice of effects and music, the subjects... I love everything !!!

What a pleasant trip :D

A must have !!!

Thank you very much Michel Verhoef for sharing with us :P

Patrick

Strasbourg

France

Congratulations to Michel on yet another innovative piece of work. Apart from the usual high standard of photography, there were some superb transitions demonstrating the "third image". Highly recommended to those wishing to learn technique and style.

Excellent!

there were some superb transitions demonstrating the "third image". Highly recommended to those wishing to learn technique and style.

Perhaps Michel could give us a few pointers on how he managed the third image. that was what made the show so fascinating.

Barbara Liebgott :o

No doubt Michel will explain how he achieved the Third Image, but in the meantime have a look at my Third Image Demo which I uploaded to Beechbrook.com earlier in the year. It employs prepared images using layers in Photoshop.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron

I do like using Photoshop for the third image but I remember all the discussions about using "timing" for that purpose. That's the information I am seeking but I do appreciate your response since I am very comfortable in Photoshop. I do hope Michel will answer my query when he gets a moment.

Best

Barbara Liebgott

Oke...Barbara...you wanted to know about the third image...well I did not realize that I was making that !!!...until Andrew gave his remark concerning this topic.

What I wanted to make is not just image after image with nice landscapes....but I wanted more....especially because I did not have many images due of the bad weather I had over there....

So I wanted to make an extra image just like the traditional slides putting over each other in one frame.

Even when Andrew spoke of the third image...I was thinking of something else.. i.e. like an image where something suddenly appears and than fainting again...(like ghost coming up in graveyard).

But in fact I used image a and than mixing it with image b resulting in c and than showing image b ....oeps.....it almost looks like a rhymescheme in mathematics.

It sounds difficult but to do this is very simple just in photoshop copying the image as layer into the other image and than selecting a blendmode...et voila...a third image has born....The trick is here to sort out the suitable images and the suitable blending modes....

But it is a very nice experiment for a rainy day !!! Just give it a try !! ;)

regards

Michel Verhoef :D

Michel,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful show about Scotland and also the thinking behind it and the discussion of the third image. The show is very effective. I am a big fan of yours - please keep the slideshows coming! I enjoy every one of them! :):)

I am tempted to say this is my favorite of all your very good shows Michel. But that may only be until your next one. :) I did find myself wanting more time to view some of the photos. On the one hand, I liked the rapid pace and the music as is, but I did long for more "appreciation" time of what was being shown. Interesting.

Hi Lumenlux...thanks.... and also Al....

I have a small tip for you Lumenlux...when you want more appreciation-time....just watch the show...many times...than you can add these times up...et voila....there you have a longer appreciation time...!!!

sorry...I am just joking.. :D:D:D

Michel

Michel

I see that everyone had the same interest I had in your mysterious third image. Thanks for the feedback and I surely shall try to see how to do it. At least I now know it was in Photoshop and knowing that makes life a lot easier in PTE. Again many thanks for a great presentation--weather or no weather!

:unsure:

Barbara