WnSoft Forums

Sunset sequence slide show

ltdedorc

I took a lot of pictures of a sunset aboard a cruise ship at the end of our cruise tour of Alaska & the Yukon. In putting together the slide show and two images of the sunset using the fade in transition & longer timings, I noticed that with the "proper timings" the effect would be movie like. So I picked out 4 images and did a special sunset sequence slide show. Since the images were not specifically taken to create a PTE sequence, it's not perfect but I have learned a lot and can't wait to apply it to the next sunrise or sunset opportunity that comes along.

The images were taken from the rear of the ship, cover a period of 4 minutes & 32 seconds, taken in shutter priority, at focal lengths 36mm to 72mm, with auto exposure, auto white balance , and multi-segment metering on my Panasonic FZ10. FYI, I took some of the sunset at 12x, or 432mm which came out better than I expected.

I would appreciate any comments...Harvey :D

This should be enough reason for all presentors to include a short text file with the zip explaining the show and what one is trying to "say" -- it is also helpful to include your email addie and name in case one forgets to download it with the show from the source.

a year or so back there were 2 false virus alarms by norton users - myself and others downloaded everything that was on the "beechbrook" site and rechecked every file with different anti virus scanners to ensure the files were clean -+- 200 megs of files- it was very difficult as the file names and owner names were not consistant

the norton update was at fault but a lot of members were really worried

Igor and Guido [guru] Russo finally sorted out the problem with Norton

neat sunset effects -- time lapse photography comes to p2e ;)

ken

:P

Ha! It now has a purpose. As I said in my separate thread, the shots were good. The title should have been more relevant and the music faded nicely. It would then have been very respectable.

Please do not let my somewhat negatvie comments put you off as I enjoy new ideas.

Andrew

aka Severn Bore