WnSoft Forums

Adding multiple songs

Bill Artman

I have a slide show with 200 wedding photographs that I would like to add music to. Due to the length of the slide show I will need to use more than one song. Is there a way to use more than one song and easily do a "fade out" and a "fade in" when a song ends and a new song starts so the music transistion between songs will sound professional. Thanks for your help!

Bill Artman,

Bill Artman Photography

Kansas City, USA

www.artmanphoto.com

Bill:

If you really want to use all 200 photos (See discussion elsewhere on the forum ).....

It is very easy to blend the end and start of music together.

Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer can do it easily. Just type Acoustica into Google to find it. It is quit cheap, about $25-30US.

Cool Edit 2000 with the Studio plug-in will do it a with a little more finesse, but that finesse costs about 4 times as much. Type Cool Edit into Google to find it.

Both are eay to use, Acoustica somewhat easier as it has fewer bells and whistles.

Jim

Hi Bill,

Jim is right, it's very easy to us a sound editor (there is none built into P2E) to do about anything you wish with the sound, but it's not necessary to use an editor to play multiple selections in P2E.

I suspect you are looking in the wrong place - perhaps at the "sound" bar on the bottom rather than clicking on the "project options" then "Music," which is where you choose background music. The "sound" bar is where you would put a voice over or wav file for a single slide, in addition to the background music.

You can "stack" as many music selections (I suggest mp3) as you wish and you can sync the overall length of the sound to the slides. This will result in a fixed display time for each slide. This is calculated on the basis of the length of the entire music track divided by the number of slides and considering the transition times. The result is that sound begins with the first slide and ends just prior to the last slide fading from the screen.

You can also manually decide in "real time" where each slide begins and ends in relation to the music. Thus it's possible to have a slide appear exactly as a particular phrase or portion of a song begins or ends. This is in addition to the ability to place voice-over or individual sounds which would play concurrently with each individual slide should you wish to do that.

Normally, pre-recorded music fades at the end of a selection and there is a brief period at the end of each selection. This gives a pleasing effect and prevents a non-professional feel, just as if you were playing a CD. But, if you want complete control, then the way to do it is as Jim suggested. Get a good sound editor and you can easily customize the sound track, then time the slides either manually or automatically to fit.

Best regards,

Lin