WnSoft Forums

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission

trailertrash

and its work worldwide.  I've been a CWGC Volunteer for about 2 years now, since my Mem Sab passed away. 

It involves visiting the CWGC Sites or Plots and Scattered Graves of our WW1/WW2 Casualties. Reporting on their condition ie Stability, legibility of the lettering etc. but also some cleaning if the stone is dirty, which is quite often especially when its under a tree etc. Where you may see a family memorial with just the casualty's name legible, or the only one painted in, its because the CWGC is responsible for that casualties name even tho the family may have opted for a private memorial rather than a CWGC headstone. Where the stone[s] are overgrown its also the volunteers job to clear the debris away and trim the area to 1sq mtr round the headstone. This work is then reported to the co-ordinators who gather such info. I find trees are a menace.

It may have been a romantic notion in 1914-1918 but nobody gave a thought to 100 years down the line and the size the trees would be and the potential for damage both above ground but especially below.

However, over the last few days I've been closeted with Barry's instructional videos and I'm stunned at the things I didnt know.

I particularly like the facility to move the slides along to the peaks in the soundtrack. 

I still dont know how to embed the video. Sorry. If someone could let me know, I would be grateful.