WnSoft Forums

Start Menu

JSlugman

Having been out of the P2E creation business for a few weeks I was pleased to see a new release and eager to build something on my new system (finally...) but now I have a headache.

I've constructed a start menu (as I have numerous times before) with photos as objects to start up other P2E shows on a CD. I have the "Run Application" box checked and have the other shows in the root directory, but when I create and burn the whole mess to a CD the start show ends on the last slide (set to stay up until they exit the show) but the objects don't start the show when clicked. No little hand when you mouse over the objects, either.

Under the "Run Application" drop down box I have the shows listed as "p2e1.exe" and "p2e2.exe". I have also had them listed under a subdirectory as "\shows\p2e1.exe" and then eventually moved them to the root thinking this was the problem despite making sure I didn't indicate drive names in my path. Ugh.

I do have a new operating system but don't think that's the culprit. I've made these silly things a gad-zillion times and this is KILLING me, I'm so sure it's something small. :blink: Any help appreciated.

HP w/ AMD Athlon 2.0gHz

1 gig RAM

Windows XP home

Ken- Ralph sent me some test stuff that worked fine. So it was something on my end (big surprise, eh?)

LL- My kids keep telling me how "old" and "uncool" I am, so I guess I invited myself into the club. :-(

The lens thing was something to keep me busy until I got the new computer.

I decided to re-build the show from scratch and lo-and-behold everything worked well UNTIL I added the music. I had 7 slides running synchronized to a 12 second MP3 with the default transition timing settings. Once added, the objects wouldn't work. Remove the music and everything worked fine again. I decided to set the slide timing manually (like we goats did it in the old days...hee hee hee) and now it's working fine. So, what the heck was it? Any takers? <_<