WnSoft Forums

Behind the Mountain / Teton Trek

LumenLux

Who can endure refers not to the hike but rather to the length of this show. The little starter show and the main feature total almost half an hour. Now with that caution, I welcome you that can, to download, view, and enjoy.

Behind the Mountain / Teton Trek

I think Beechbrook.com will also post the link soon.

The presentation doesn't do much fancy with PTE. There is a one minute starter show that transitions smoothly to the main show when run on my speedier pc but stumbles on my slower "composer" pc. I am interested in how it runs on your various machines. (And, you can test this part by only watching the first couple of minutes. :)

My purpose in the show is to present a fun re-living of another great hike in the great mountains of western USA. We who hiked, really enjoy also the presentation. Please let me know if you enjoy it.

Hi Robert,

No prblems with my P IV 2,8 Ghz 512 Mo Ram

I looked at your show with nostalgia as I was remebering my long walks

in the mountains. Just a regret not to be there with you for the fresh water meloon: for thirsty people after a long walk, for sure it was paradise.

Very relaxing music. I enjoyed it well.

Robert

The download on my equipment took just 5 minutes which I think is good for such a large file (72 Mb). I liked the photography and it must be an excellent record for you and your friends of a trek over what appears to be difficult terrain. I enjoyed your previous presentation of a similar excursion, but I thought this one a little too long for an outsider's viewing.

Ron [uK]

Robert,

I just watched your show - all of it one sitting! And, because I can relate to it (it brought back many memories of similar trips with my friends out west), I, too, enjoyed every minute of it. Too bad your hands were shaking when you were lining up for photos with the griz, though! :lol:

Keep 'em coming! :)

You guys are allright and all right!

Sam's nostalgia for the long walks in the mountains (and the value of the melon)

Ron's concurring "a little too long" for outsiders but excellent record for the participants.

Bill's getting the great scenery from the mostly-untouched-photos.

Al keying right in on why the bear shots were so lousy!

I did try to PS the bear photos, but the pre-sunrise light was just too dim when I took the shots. The one of the bear against the horizon was taken while almost on a dead run. I was chasing the bear when he turned around and gave me a great pose - but I probably did not come to a full stop for the exciting moment. Presumeably the same bear had approached our camp just at dark the night before. So we had hoisted are food into a tree for the night. So I was alert in the morning for a possible visit when I would be prepared for a nice bear photo. But I obviously was not prepared enough. :o (The sad part is that I also had a bear encounter in Yosemite this summer and did even worse on the photos - but that's another story.)

On a PTE technical note - When the intro show ends and the main show starts, have you seen the "desktop" between the shows? Or has the transition just been dark screen with the hourglass? As I tested the show on 750 mhz and a 1.6 mhz pc's, there was definitely a difference. It pointed out how nicer and smoother it would be if Igor could come up with a way to make "joined" shows less noticeable. I got wondering if there would be a way to let us join shows at the project (.pte) level, instead of at the .exe level? Any thoughts?

Robert

I have just checked the intro on my equipment and it ended with a dark screen then followed into the music with the first image of the main sequence. No flash of the desktop which I sometimes get with my projects.

Ron [uK]

Robert

on first run the show just did the start program -- then went to desktp -- so i started te main program separtely -- stopped it then started the start exe -- it finished and main program started as it was supposed to

looks like a good time was had by all

fuzzy picts --something better than nuthin' :(

overall great shots

ken