WnSoft Forums

Transitions - is it not possible to edit an existing transition?

mhwarner

I wanted to edit a transition (what I really want to do is understand the technique used to create it), but I can't seem to find an "Edit" button.  I cloned the transition and then clicked the "Change Transition Settings" item.  In that window I can rename, change category, change storage location, etc.  but there is no Edit button.  It appears that I can Edit any transition I might have created but not ones that others have created (and definitely not any of the defaults).  Is this correct or am I missing something?   I couldn't find anything in the online help other than information about creating custom transitions.  Thanks in advance! 

Thanks Dave!  I had gotten that far but could not see an "Edit" button.  The transition I was using had "Multiple variants - buttons".  When I changed it to "Multiple variants - list", the "Edit" button appeared.  As it turns out, for the "Multiple Variant - button" transition, you have to actually click on one of the buttons in  order to display another popup that includes the "Edit" button (or temporarily change the dropdown to "Multiple variants - list").  Logical perhaps, but not so easy to figure out and I've been using PTE AV for 20 years.  If I selected a transition that only had a single variant, the "Edit" button was there.  But since it was a transition I created, I thought perhaps we couldn't edit those posted by others.  I didn't see any reference to editing or modifying transitions in the Help.  Perhaps I missed it.  Maybe some sort of note or warning in the "Change transition effect" dialog box.  Or maybe it's not a big deal because not many people edit transitions.

10 hours ago, mhwarner said:

I didn't see any reference to editing or modifying transitions in the Help.  Perhaps I missed it.  Maybe some sort of note or warning in the "Change transition effect" dialog box.  Or maybe it's not a big deal because not many people edit transitions.

https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/10.0/customtransition/main#multi_variant_-_buttons

DG

Dave,

A senior moment, I guess!  Somehow I completely missed that main topic on Custom Transitions and instead looked through the Custom Transition references under "Version 10 How To's " and even "Version 9 How To's".    Appreciate your help and patience -- and all the work you have put into the online help documentation!