WnSoft Forums

Touch Portal Control of Slideshows

tom95521

I was interested in finding a device to remotely control my computer but did not want a bluetooth keyboard. I then started looking at Elgato Stream Deck and might purchase in the future. Elgato Stream Deck also has a mobile version but it has many negative reviews.

Currently testing Touch Portal, a mobile app for iOS and Android that control Mac and Windows computers over wifi. I have it running on my low cost Kindle Fire Tablet. I still need to program the buttons as  radio buttons that I only have to tap one time to start and not to stop. The slideshows are in .pteav format instead of .exe to save disk space.

If you have a tablet you might want to try out the free version and upgrade to pro if you like it.

Tom

I was able to program 20 radio buttons using simple basic like syntax. Very easy to create a page of buttons. Currently slideshow names hard coded into button but I can also configure to read from a text file or URL. The next step will be to connect my Mac mini to my larger HDTV so I can watch .pteav shows and control the computer remotely over wifi.

Tom

radiobutton.png