WnSoft Forums

Background Music doesn't play any more

iabigred

I am a fairly new user and I have created three or four slideshow using *.wav files for background music. In my current project I want to use a song that has a long lead in. I installed WavePad and edited my file. When I went back to my exe project my sound doesn't work. I can read the directory and attach the files that I want, but when I run- nothing. If I click on Show Music Duration, it is 0:00, yet I can play the file in windows media player or WavePad.

What does pic to exe use for a sound editor? Could this setting have been overridden? I tried reinstlling pictoexe but no change.

Tom

I found it.

I tried playing a slideshow that a firend had burned to a CD that I had played before and it didn't have sound either.

Some how my Default audio device got turned off.

I am on Windows XP. I went into the Control Panel, Sounds,Speech and Audio Device and started looking at setting. At some point I noticed that Default Audio Device was None. I tried several thinks and found that if I went into the Change Sound Scheme and the Audio Tab and changed the drop down from Moden #1 Line Playback to SoundMax Digital Audio, I then had a default audio device. I tried the CD slideshow and it worked so I tried the new slide show and it also worked.

I sure don't remember changing that setting but somehow I must have.

Thanks

Tom

PicturesToExe has own engine for playing of WAV files. Because of this, it can't supports all different codecs of WAV format.

Please use PCM 16-bit Stereo, 44,1 KHz format for WAV files (i.e. 100% CD quality).

Or it better to convert WAV file into MP3. In this case your slide-show will be more smaller.