WnSoft Forums

Help - no sound on a CD

jljacobs62

I hope someone here can help me. I have made a beautiful (if I do say so myself) slideshow with accompanying music. It plays on my computer and sounds perfect. However, when I write it to a CD and test it on another computer the slides show up, but there's no music. I know the whole thing is getting on the CD based on the size of the program (12.6mb). It includes 73 slides and 3 pieces of music.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I need to send these CD's out to about 60 people and I really want the music to work. :)

Thanks!!

Jules

Jules:

I am sure you checked this, but were the speakers on and functioning on the other computer ?? Did you check the speakers with a normal audio CD ?

I had a similar but worse experience I posted a few days ago, my show started, displayed one image, continued with the sound for about 20 seconds and then died. That happened on only one computer (a new one) out of 5 or 8 I tried it on.

The suggestions was that the problematic computer had a resources problem.

Try it on a third computer perhaps, as new a one as you can find with as much processing power just to be sure it was not this one computer.

Good Luck

Jim

Jules,

Are you uaing the internal player from P2E? If so you may have a problem with the transfare from the CD. Try clicking "use external player on your Project options and see if this will help,

Alan

Jules, try again this experiment. Take your soundrack (without show) and check it on the other computers that don't played your show.

It's strange nobody asked you what type of sound files you used... WAV? Mp3? Midi?

If you used Mp3 files, maybe they can be corrupted, or not compatible with some players.

Jules,

Please advise of what type music file format.

My guess is that you are using WMA files .... that is protected. When you use WMA (protected) files on your Pc ... they work fine because your the registered user. If you distribute your WMA ... they will not play on other PCs because they dont have your registration file. This is a MS thing on protecting WMA file distribution

Thought I post a update to this topic ... as reference to Users searching for future troubleshooting.

Jules has emailed me concerning the music issue she has encoutered.

It was indeed the WMA music file format.

So to the future PTE users that want to use WMA files ... be aware ... your presentations could have issues if distributed beyond your own PC.

I wish to know why on earth several people keep on using WWA sound files, that cause many headaches and sound worse than a good Mp3 (Radium, Fraunhofer, LAME) with the same bitrate...